Went to buy some bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CazDigger

Reaction score
I met up with a guy that had some bottles for sale today. He lives in the worst neighborhood around and his house looks like it might be condemned. He kinda looks like Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top but not as healthy. When I squeezed inside it was exactly like the TV show "Hoarders"!!! Boxes of bottles everywhere among the other stuff floor to ceiling. He was VERY friendly but wow, it was claustrophobic and dark in there too. I looked at tons of bottles and picked out a few to buy, but he had a few that I didn't recognize and he asked me to help get some info on them. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos.

1) 11 3/4" green cylinder Dr Andrew F Lippi MFG Chemist Philadelphia USA
2) aqua corset shaped 4" o.p. rolled lip H.W. Co. New York
3) clear cylinder 5" A Griffen Albany NY

As I was leaving he pointed out the bullet holes in his trashcan from the drive-bys!
Thanks for any help on info and or value on these.
Mark

epackage

Reaction score
Good luck as I know nothing about those bottles, would love to go thru the guys stuff... Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I would buy them all if priced right. And then I would get the hell out of Dodge. I absolutely LUV this sort of stuff. It makes my blood flow and I feel euophoria. I have made several killings in the past, it's been about 10 years since the last one, and I'm PRIMED. GOT THE MONEY, GOT THE TIME, READY FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

Makes me drool!

toddrandolph

Reaction score
In my experience the very best antiques and always the best deals come from the worst neighborhoods and the dirtiest houses. Always great fun to get in a place like that!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Mark did the guy kinda look like this.Ive seen him before.

F8E07D4E829D46E1954036F45075B82C.jpg

Attachments

• F8E07D4E829D46E1954036F45075B82C.jpg
    F8E07D4E829D46E1954036F45075B82C.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 43

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Didn't translate from Italian to well.
SICK 'cause you suffer? NOW IT 'S THE TIME heal.

If you have headaches, stomach pain or anemia, if you feel tired, nervous and without appetite
if you suffer from rheumatism, syphilis, neuralgia, sciatica, constipation, gas, hemorrhoids, kidney pain, acidity,
blood poisoning, skin diseases and disorders of any kind, dependent on impurities in the body,
Have undergone a miraculous cure of this PURIFY BLOOD DOCTOR LIPPI J.R-TONIC, the more 'big-
de TONIC blood purifier and you will see that your SAL J TE improve 'fast-

MIRACULOUS!

All call it the miracle drug Rich and poor, men and women, old men and children, tormented by a hundred diseases have recovered their health after a good care of this splendor.
dido drug called 5 LIPPI-DOCTOR BLOOD PURIFIER TONIC unique in the world awarded with the Milan Exhibition

Dr. ANDREW F. LIPPI
13th & Dickinson Streets, Philadelphia, Pa.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi Mark did the guy kinda look like this.Ive seen him before.

That's him!!! LOL!

I saw him again when I went digging in that neighborhood and he had a carved walking stick and he kinda looked like Merlin to me this time!
Thanks for the info on the bottles Eric, I will pass it along.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960