Winter Color

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CazDigger

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be able to buy this last year from a guy who found a cache of 1850-60s bottles under the floorboards in his attic when he was insulating the house.

103_3466.jpg

103_3465.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
I've always loved the view you have when posting pic's in the 2-1/2 years I've been here, that thing's a beauty....Jim

RedGinger

Reaction score
Very nice! What else did he find? I'd be in heaven if I were finding bottles like that under a house!

CazDigger

Reaction score
Rory, its not pontiled but the darkest blue I have seen. Lauren, I bought the bottles from a middle man who knew his stuff so I paid a fair to heavy price for them, but the guy that found them knew nothing about bottles. He stuck them in a box in the basement and managed to break several thousand dollars worth before I was able to save them. There were 2 Gross & Robinson iron pontiled quart master inks, (both had minor damage from the guy) an iron pontiled Booth & Sedgwick Gin, 5 o.p. Chamberlains Immediate relief, a nice flared lip pontiled Stoddard cylinder utility, 2 little square o.p. ointments embossed H.S.B.I.O. and a bunch of more common stuff. I cant imagine finding that stuff myself, like a kid in a candy store and the guy had no appreciation for what an incredible find it was at the time. The bottles were black with 150yrs of dust/crud, some had labels but in poor condition. I was told there may still be more there but the guy blew in insulation under the floorboards since then and the guy I bought them from wont divulge where the house is or who the original owner was.

CazDigger

Reaction score
Yes I will be setup at Rochester as usual. Not sure If i will be doing a display or not this time. Hope to see you guys again. Are you and Joe getting a sales table again this year?

Brian, the Longleys came from another guy. That bottle was probably damaged recently too by a clueless non-collector.

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CazDigger

He stuck them in a box in the basement and managed to break several thousand dollars worth before I was able to save them.

Amazing how many people still don't realize that GLASS BREAKS!

The Vaughn's is a beauty! Proud for ya.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter