WANTED: BEER CANS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
So curious on the flat top cans. How rusty is too rusty? I find these frequently enough but usually they are so damn rusty that I don't even bother thinking they would be worth doing anything with.

Can you post a picture or two of the limits based on your experiences. Even if it isn't as old as you collect, just having some idea of what makes sense to carry out for someone would be helpful, to me at least.

Last can I took home was the one in this picture and then I threw it away just assuming it was too far gone.

Attachments

• Beer can.jpg
    Beer can.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 266

hemihampton

Reaction score
That can you got pictured there is actually pretty good shape for a dug dumper can. Even though common I'd be extremely happy to be finding Beer cans like that. What is worth taking home you ask? Really condition does not have a lot to do with it but Rarity does. A really rare can in very poor shape is usually better then a really nice clean common can. The trick is to know a rare can when you dig one. This is something a non beer can collector would not know but would take a extremely advanced experienced collector like myself to know the difference. As far as what's to far gone, For me nothing really, I can save about any can in any condition even if it's 100% rust or stepped on flat as a pancake. Below is some pics. My half & half cleaned can that was 100% rust & unreadable & some others. LEON.

I'm having a hard time adding pics for some reason?HalfHalf.jpgflattenedmartincone2.JPGmartinscleaned.jpg

Attachments

• igalimesodahalf-1.jpg
    igalimesodahalf-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

yacorie

Reaction score
That’s good to know, thank you. I don’t mind carrying things out that others might be interested in. I’ll start bringing cans out when it’s warm enough to dig again and I can post them. If I find something you want, I’ll just ship it to you. If they aren’t worth shipping, I’ll recycle them

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, I'd be Interested in about any old cans you find. let me know. THANKS. LEON.

will25265

Reaction score
I got a Coke bottle1551886067042.jpg]

Attachments

• 1551886110383.jpg
    1551886110383.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 255

hemihampton

Reaction score
Picked up this WW 11 Olive Drab Camouflaged Army Beer Can Today. It's a Blatz J-Spout Cone Top Beer Can. Still looking for cans if anybody finds any in any bottle dumps. Let me know. THANKS. LEON.BlatzODfronttouchup.jpg

embe

Reaction score
I found a couple with that cone shaped top years ago and didn't know what to make of them.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I found a couple with that cone shaped top years ago and didn't know what to make of them.
They're certainly getting tough to find these days. I've only ever found one, I got excited and took it home but then when I cleaned some of the rust off it turned out to be an antifreeze can.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger