found 2 Carlsberg metal beer cans in the woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
not sure if these are interesting to anyone or not ? just the first metal beer or soda cans i've found so far this year . the snow has melted here in the last couple days so starting to exploring various spots . found these by themselves in a wooded area near a river where i suspected people spent time in years ago

not that familiar with Carlsberg but know its a european beer brand , these were brewed in canada . say " Carling o'keefe breweries Toronto " , assume there from the 70's or very early 80's

i didn't really try and clean them up at all , just washed the sand/dirt of them and thats the colour currently there , the first one damaged on back but other all there

IMG_20220413_155925.jpg
IMG_20220413_155928.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
They started brewing it in Canada in 1972...those earlier cans were pull tops. There was also a 'light' version. None of the known 30+ so so variations are rare. I'm not sure but I have at least one of these cans.

RCO

Reaction score
They started brewing it in Canada in 1972...those earlier cans were pull tops. There was also a 'light' version. None of the known 30+ so so variations are rare. I'm not sure but I have at least one of these cans.

typically if i find a metal beer can its for molsons or labatt's , not sure if i've found metal carlsberg before , found aluminum ones many times . it just seemed more unusual

Canadacan

Reaction score
typically if i find a metal beer can its for molsons or labatt's , not sure if i've found metal carlsberg before , found aluminum ones many times . it just seemed more unusual
Yeah for sure.....so the one I have is an early version pull top. Note it has a bit more graphics on the lower can that depict the city of Copenhagen....presumably ..lol

1649999511481.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis