Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Finder
    So curious on the flat top cans. How rusty is too rusty? I find these frequently enough but usually they are so damn rusty that I don't even bother thinking they would be worth doing anything with.

Can you post a picture or two of the limits based on your experiences. Even if it isn't as old as you collect, just having some idea of what makes sense to carry out for someone would be helpful, to me at least.

Last can I took home was the one in this picture and then I threw it away just assuming it was too far gone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer can.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    That can you got pictured there is actually pretty good shape for a dug dumper can. Even though common I'd be extremely happy to be finding Beer cans like that. What is worth taking home you ask? Really condition does not have a lot to do with it but Rarity does. A really rare can in very poor shape is usually better then a really nice clean common can. The trick is to know a rare can when you dig one. This is something a non beer can collector would not know but would take a extremely advanced experienced collector like myself to know the difference. As far as what's to far gone, For me nothing really, I can save about any can in any condition even if it's 100% rust or stepped on flat as a pancake. Below is some pics. My half & half cleaned can that was 100% rust & unreadable & some others. LEON.

I'm having a hard time adding pics for some reason?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HalfHalf.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	187139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flattenedmartincone2.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	187140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martinscleaned.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	187141
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails igalimesodahalf-1.jpg  
    Last edited by hemihampton; 02-19-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    That’s good to know, thank you. I don’t mind carrying things out that others might be interested in. I’ll start bringing cans out when it’s warm enough to dig again and I can post them. If I find something you want, I’ll just ship it to you. If they aren’t worth shipping, I’ll recycle them

OK, I'd be Interested in about any old cans you find. let me know. THANKS. LEON.

Junior Member New Bottler
    I got a Coke bottle[ATTACH=CONFIG]187283[/ATTACHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1551886110383.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	187284]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1551886067042.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by will25265 View Post
    i got a coke bottle[attach=config]187283[/attachClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1551886110383.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	187284]

ok, nice. Thanks, leon.

Picked up this WW 11 Olive Drab Camouflaged Army Beer Can Today. It's a Blatz J-Spout Cone Top Beer Can. Still looking for cans if anybody finds any in any bottle dumps. Let me know. THANKS. LEON.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlatzODfronttouchup.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	189572

Junior Member New Bottler
    I found a couple with that cone shaped top years ago and didn't know what to make of them.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by embe View Post
    I found a couple with that cone shaped top years ago and didn't know what to make of them.
    They're certainly getting tough to find these days. I've only ever found one, I got excited and took it home but then when I cleaned some of the rust off it turned out to be an antifreeze can.

Quote Originally Posted by embe View Post

You should of kept them. I wonder what they were? LEON.