Wanted: Glass and Porcelain Insulators

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi,

I collect both glass and porcelain insulators, and am always looking to add to the collection. I like to buy, but love to trade also. I have quite a few bottles and flasks from the Washington DC area if anyone is interested, plus a few others. Nothing super rare I dont think.[8D] Dug a local dump here in virginia for about a year, thats where many of these are from.

Thanks for your time,
Richie[:)]

Ec88119.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88119.jpg
    Ec88119.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 114

Pontiled

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

I'll have to check and see what the few insulators have on them. Can't remember off hand what they say.

Where are you located in the Washington, D.C., area? I'm from Herndon, Va., before we moved down to North Carolina.

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it! Yes I know Herndon. I used to work right off old centerville road, in the Verizon building. Work in springfield most of the time now. Myself, i'm in woodbridge, 20 minutes or so south of springfield, that is off course depending on traffic![;)]

Sounds good on the insulators, thank you. Cool name by the way. I take it your into the early stuff? I Luv that crude crusty stuff, just reeks with character!

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi Richie,

I know where you live now. One of my daughters has her boat at a marina near there and some friends lived there, so I've been there many times. We used to live on Virginia Avenue, on the residential part. We had the last house on the right side (dead-end street). Sure do wish we were still there!

Maybe we could get together someday when we come up to see my grandson and his growing family.

Still haven't had the time to check for the insulators, but I will. We're having a large walk-in closet remodelled, so I haven't had the time yet.

leffertshook

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

If she has her boat down at the Occoquan marina, thats about 10 minutes from the house here. In fact, when the stripers come in, i usually head down there. Can be purdy good fishin'....

Sounds good, the next time your in this neck of the woods, lemme know. We always have an extra plate on the table!

No rush on the insulators either. Prioritys before play!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Richie-
Are those Bennington glazed looking insulators worth bringing home? I've been sticking them on the pathway to my water garden in the backyard. I save/bring them home when there's room.

By the way, I'm just west of Richmond and golf in Spotsy a couple of times a month, usually.

rlynch

Reaction score
I have a couple of insulators for sale at:
http://www.antiquebottles.com/rl/insulator/

Om34176.jpg

Attachments

• Om34176.jpg
    Om34176.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 113

craigc90

Reaction score
I have a few dont know if there are any you would be interested in. the front row is all Hemigray NO.9 except the one in the middle is aNO.12 the back row is some big Hemingray and 2 Whitall tatum.

Cz79672.jpg

Attachments

• Cz79672.jpg
    Cz79672.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 134

TSUNK

Reaction score
HI RICHIE. I HAVE SEVERAL PORCLEAN INSULATORS I AM LOOKING TO GET RID OF. MAYBE A TRADE? I AM INTO BOTTLES NOW. LET ME KNOW.
THANKS
TOM

Bendy

Reaction score
I have several insulators that read Hemingray 16, if you're interested.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR