a question for GuntherHess

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeaconDave

Reaction score
I have a Dr Peter Fahrney bottle and wondered if he is the same Fahrney that you collect? The bottle is embossed as follows
Prepared by
Dr Peter Fahrney & Sons
Chicago Ill
Dave

druggistnut

Reaction score
Deacon dave,
Matt (Gunther) must have missed your question. I thought the same thing , a while back. The Dr Fahrney he collects is from Maryland.
Bill

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Thanks Bill for the information. There must have been alot of Dr Fahrney"s around or he must have sold his medcine nationwide.
Thanks again. Dave

GuntherHess

Reaction score
sorry missed your post.
Peter Fahrney was part of the big Fahrney patent medicine family that started here in PA/MD. He move out to Chicago at the end of the 1860s. He became the most succesful Fahrney when his factory was rebuilt after burning in the great Chicago fire. Peter's products were sold all over the US and in other countries. Some of them are very common. I dont really collect the Chicago bottles although there are a couple early ones (aqua colored) that I wouldnt mind having.
There is some info about peter on my website if you want to read it...
http://www.mattsoldhouse.com/MC/bottles/Frederick/fahrney.htm

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Matt, I found another Dr peter Fahrney bottle. The first on is clr-Glass H-5 7/8" x 1 3/8" x 1 3/16". the other bottle Clr H-10" x 3" x1 15/16" . If i run into a Aqua Fahrney I will let you know.
Best regards
Dave

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen