Morgantown Glass Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
This is kind of about bottles. I posted under the Jar section about an estate sale going on here. My wife, Mary, is working the check out at the sale today and she says stuff is flying out of there at a rate of $10,000. per day and it isn't even open to the public yet. It is a 3 weekend sale and this week is for family members and dealers by invitation only. Next week it will be in the newspaper for the public and the following weekend will be discounted to 25% off and 50% off.
Anyway, they have a 60 piece set of cobalt blue Morgantown glass stemware for sale marked $895. It books for over $4000. but I'm not too sure about those price guides. Mary collects red Morgantown because her great grandfather used to work at that glass factory in the 1930's when this stuff was made. She wants to buy that set and has suggested that my 16 year old daughter might want to start collecting blue Morgantown. I only collect green, but not Morgantown.
She says if it was a bottle collection I'd just buy it and wouldn't even ask. She may be right about that. We'll probably be in the blue Morgantown glass business soon. It really is pretty.

jays emporium

Reaction score
It was really $985. Someone else bought it for full price an hour before she was gonna pull the trigger. She is disappointed but I think that means we are going to find something else to spend that thousand dollars on that is an even better deal.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
I was going to check and see if this sale is listed on www.estatesales.net ...what city and company is it?

FYI...if they aren't - and they do sales - this is an awesome site...I use it all the time! You click on the state, city, and they list sales with pics, descriptions, map links, etc...

My sister says you'd think I owned the site the way I promote it...wish I did...it's an awesome site!

Tinna

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler