Curio Cabinet Display Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying this Pulaski curio cabinet to display some of my bottles in. It has glass shelves and from what I can gather online they will hold 25lbs. I'm just a little worried about overloading and having it collapse? I guess it would take a bunch of bottles to be over 25lbs. Do any of you have glass shelves for displaying? Is this even an issue I should be concerned about?
Thanks
Screenshot_20240305_164502_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

islamoradamark

Reaction score
nice looking cabinet, mabee slide a thin piece of metal or tin under the glass for more support. the glass shelves do look good

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a similar set up & some voiced concern, I guess more concerned with the little wood dowels that hold shelf in place maybe not holding the weight, so far I've had no problems. Leon.
BlueHutchCabnitUp.JPG

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
I got a similar set up & some voiced concern, I guess more concerned with the little wood dowels that hold shelf in place maybe not holding the weight, so far I've had no problems. Leon.
View attachment 253299

That looks good. I was going to set mine up similar to yours. My sodas on top two shelves. On lower shelves the brown bottles then the cobalt and greens.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying this Pulaski curio cabinet to display some of my bottles in. It has glass shelves and from what I can gather online they will hold 25lbs. I'm just a little worried about overloading and having it collapse? I guess it would take a bunch of bottles to be over 25lbs. Do any of you have glass shelves for displaying? Is this even an issue I should be concerned about?
ThanksView attachment 253298
I wasn't worried about overloading the glass shelves in my Pulaski curio, until the day the top shelf fell on the shelf under it. I gave the curio to my daughter and had my woodworker neighbor make wooden shelves that match perfectly.

Reaction score
When I designed and built my display shelves, I had 1/4" thick glass shelves made for it. I Gorilla-glued the metal supporting tabs into the wood, then also used silicon gel to affix the shelves to the metal tabs. So far, I've had no problems with the shelves beng loaded (going on 8 years now).

IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
I wasn't worried about overloading the glass shelves in my Pulaski curio, until the day the top shelf fell on the shelf under it. I gave the curio to my daughter and had my woodworker neighbor make wooden shelves that match perfectly.
Uhg. I'm thinking about getting it anyway and just not putting as many bottles in it as I thought. Plus my wife has some glassware she wants a shelf or two.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score

Toma777

Reaction score
I have 3 cabinets with glass shelves. I had mirrors made for one of the cabinets that didn't have them, and my dinning room cabinet doesn't have mirrors, and I display Noritake tea sets in it.

The only problem I have is dust getting into the cabinets, even though they have fairly tight doors.

I probably should put a thin open foam weather stripping on the doors to prevent dust from getting in, clean everything good, and never open the doors, lol.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen