Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

RE: jumbo peanutbutter

the pix

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D3F5D3FEE2FE4AC681C992BAA03C16BF.jpg  

Jumbo Peanut Butter was sold by the Frank Tea & Spice Company in Cincinnati , Ohio cyberdigger . I heard once there were 80 or more different varieties of them , do not know for sure if that is correct . I am really surprised that there has not been a book put out on them over the years being they have been so popular with collectors .

And there are reproductions floating around out there . I have a cobalt blue seven ounce one around here somewhere . The seven ounce is the only one I have seen reproduced in four different colors if I remember right , but who knows with all that is going on in the reproduction world today there may be more . I know they also reproduce the lids now too . I do not even like the looks of them though .

I kept a few of mine but got rid of most of them I had , many of which I wish I had back .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 719BADFFBBFD42E883CF828498D3ABD5.jpg  

NICE LC! ARE THOSE THE ORIGINAL LIDS ON THEM? I LOVE THE ONES WITH THE WIRE HANDLES. HAD A CHANCE TO BUY A POUND ONE [NO LID] $12 AND PASSED IT UP!
    CHARLIE: TROUBLE BOUT DIGGING 20S-40S DUMP ROUND HERE IS THEY BURNED THE TRASH AND I GET A LOT OF MELTED GLASS.[:@] ALSO HAVE TO DIG A TON OF DIRT IT SEEMS LIKE TO GET ONE DECENT THING! JAMIE

The two jars at right have the original lids Jamie , not the best but better than nothing . I am posting a pic of them below . There are a good many different designed lids as well , depending on the age of the lids .

I am also posting a pic of a Dove Mustard jar which was also packaged by the Frank Tea & Spice Company of Cincinnati , Ohio . Wish I had an original lid for that one , anyone have one they can spare ?

There is also a Dove Mustard jar made just like the one pound Jumbo jar , only difference being it has the kissing doves instead of the elephant .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9034E2793F6545F79EA830571BE62DC0.jpg  

The lids

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4508266310404EDEAC86AE2AAD998B91.jpg  

COOL L C! LOVE THE EMBOSSING ON THAT DOVE BRAND! FIRST ONE I HAVE SEEN THAT I CAN REMEMBER. JAMIE

lc that dove brand mustard is very nice as well as the lids

I've got the Dove Brand mustard and several different Dove Brand extracts. I will have to ask Cindy where they are and get some pics up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 962D9864AEAB4D229E163C2A99D7DA08.jpg  

HEY CAP ANY EXTRAS ?? PLEASE SHOW THOSE PIX!!!!!

Well I am glad that I posted it for you to see Jamie .

I used to have some really nice lids on a lot of the jars I got rid of Mike , don't know why I didn't change these over and keep the good ones . I have a jar out in the garage with an older lid that looks different from the two I posted , if I can find it . I will post a pic of it .