Ancient Digs! + In Situs!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Went to visit with my good friend Rob last weekend. He has several overhangs he's been working on digging out. We opened up a new hole and got a few good hours on Sat. and a few more on Sun. I had the girls with me, so it was some good family fun!
Rob shaking out a screen.
falltriptorobssix.jpg

That's what we're looking for!
falltriptorobsnine.jpg

Rob showing Slim what to look for in the screen.
falltriptorobsthree.jpg

Allison TRYING like hell to help out! I'll make a digger outta that lil girl before it's over with!!! LOL
falltriptorobsfive.jpg

Me shaking one out.
falltriptorobsfour.jpg

Me and Rob with a boxfull of goodies.
falltriptorobsone.jpg

Baby girl all tuckered out! :)
falltriptorobstwelve.jpg

A couple we brought home.
falltriptorobsthirt.jpg

Its alot different than digging for bottles, but really similar as well. It's another good way to get together with family and friends to unearth the past. Just make sure you check the laws in your area and ALWAYS get permission to dig on private property!

beendiggin

Reaction score
RE: Ancient Digs!

Excellent looking points. There are a lot of midden sites in my area, which is coastal and lots of rivers. I've found some cool stuff over the years. There's flint tools scattered among the beach rocks pretty much in every cove.

surfaceone

Reaction score

Excellent points. Chris! A great family dig too. Really looks like y'all had big fun. I would suggest a larger screen for the big boys.

RedGinger

Reaction score

Wow, that is really cool Chris! I would love to do that. Nice points! Beendigging, I'd enjoy seeing/hearing more about your finds as well. It makes me wonder what I might have missed in past explorations.

lexdigger

Reaction score

Thanks ya'll. It was nice to get out and find some flint with good friends!

Celtics... there are still plenty out there to be found! You just have to be determined and dedicated!!!

beendiggin... I'd love to see some of your midden finds! We search just about Anywhere around here. Plowed fields, construction sites, creeks, riverbanks, lakebanks, rock shelters, and just about anywhere else where dirt is exposed and errosion has taken place. I've found a midden or two in my day. Even though it was "trash" to them, there are still treasures to be found!!!

surfaceone... we do have larger screens, but the soil was a little damp. Makes it kinda hard to shake a big screen and REALLY go thru all the little clods. When it dries up enough we are gonna hit it with the BIG two man box!!!

Hey Laur... if you and Joe ever make it down this way, look me up! I'll take ya'll out and find some points for sure!!! I've got alot of honey holes around here that seem to Always turn up nice artifacts.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

Lookin' real good, Chris. I have been too bust diggin' bottles to screen for points, but we do have a couple killer spots. Too moist right now, so they'll have to wait for Spring. Keep at it, bottles and points.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score

very nice!!!! ive got a bit of a honey hole on the illinois river where i get alot of bird points and pottery shards. ive gotten a couple drills as well as other tools and scrapers.
i picked up a couple really nice game balls a bit bigger in size than shooter marbles a few years back in a field in new jersey. we used to get some cool stuff outta that field. its right along the delaware river across from philly.
i was up at a friends place during the summer and found a nice 4.25" spearpoint in his field. that sucker is in perfect condition too!

deacon_frost

Reaction score

looks like a fun time with some very cool findings, ive only been lucky enough to find one and it had a piece broken off

D8BA0392A981422D92338AACD76D843D.jpg

Attachments

• D8BA0392A981422D92338AACD76D843D.jpg
    D8BA0392A981422D92338AACD76D843D.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 59

RedGinger

Reaction score

Thanks Chris. What tribes lived in your area? We were fortunate enough to go arrowhead hunting with digswithstick this past summer. It was a lot of of fun, but definitely takes some practice if you're going through a field. He was able to spot them right away, but our eyes were not trained enough yet.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger