Something incredebly intresting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Glassphalt, nice... [8D]

Never heard of or seen such a thing, thanks for the interesting info and pictures!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I've heard of, but not seen this done,...(also old tires)...I think it's pretty cool. I like this one. Could you tell what it was?

2D27FEF55EFD4E94945B5A21B2622492.jpg

Attachments

• 2D27FEF55EFD4E94945B5A21B2622492.jpg
    2D27FEF55EFD4E94945B5A21B2622492.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 58

sandchip

Reaction score
Way cool! Great masonry and stonework in those old buildings too.

rraack

Reaction score
There is a church, The Kirtland Temple, in Kirtland, OH just east of Cleveland that has old china, ceramics and old glass as part of it's external structure. I'll try to remember to photograph it if I'm out that way. The members of the Church collected broken dishes and glass to be put in the plaster so that the temple would be more beautiful. When the temple was finished, the plaster on the outside of the temple sparkled when the sun shone upon it.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Joe, couldnt make out what the embosseing read. I was there the day before and the sun was out. It gave the street a "sparkle" effect. Pretty cool. I stood there looking for what seemed a half hour or so. Most pieces were really small. There were some bigger then a quater but no embosseing. But you know there had to be some good bottles in there. Heck people are pulling some good ones out of the recycle bin these days. No telling what went in there back in the late seventies.

I must say, Baltimore on a whole gets a pretty bad rap, but if you know where to look you can find some real beauty.
Not to mention some great bottles. I remember as a young boy there were several streets in the city that were covered with this "glassphalt" Most have been repaved since. This is one of if not the last one in Baltimore. There probably was a study done I would guess as to the effectiveness, longevity etc. on the "glassphalt". If it exsisted, I would like to see it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler