flask pictures

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

radboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here are the pcitures relating to the flask questions below. This is a great site.

Many Thanks

Steve

Fc90407.jpg

Attachments

• Fc90407.jpg
    Fc90407.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 104

woody

Reaction score
Well, comparing the pictures to the latest issue of AB&GC magazine, which has an article about the Washington/Taylor flasks, I would say that the green flask is real and the amber flask is a reproduction.
Although something about the pontil scar on the green one just doesn't look right, but it may be just the picture that was posted.
If the green one is authentic, then one just recently sold for $1,600.00 at the Glass Works auction on Jan. 2004.
The amber one looks like a repro, compared to the dozen or so pictures shown in the Antique Bottle and Glass magazine. March 2004 of the real deal.

woody

Reaction score
Now that I look at the picture some more, there seems to be something amiss about where the neck meets the body of the green flask.
Almost like it was glued on or something.

radboy

Reaction score
A post in the previous thread indicates the flask is a reproduction. Harry P. I believe. Is there a consensus the bottle is a reproduction or is the verdict still out. I thought the same about the neck when I purchased it, but the flask does appear old with noticeable imperfections within the glass and uneveness around the lip.

Thanks

woody

Reaction score
Harry may be right, Steve.
What bothers me about the bottle in question is the pontil scar on the base of the green flask.
It doesn't look like a pontil scar from the 19th century.
The neck doesn't look right, either.
If Harrys' summation is correct, it is still a flask that is collected and it is worth more than the $20.00 you paid for it.
Clevenger glass is collectible.

radboy

Reaction score
Harry had also mentioned fantasy glass regarding tne amber bottle. What is fantasy glass and who produces it? Thanks for the link.

woody

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the term "fantasy" glass, but I presume it's just another name for a fake or reproduction.

radboy

Reaction score
any idea how much the reprod wash/taylor flask may be worth or better yet suggestions for some pricing guides I could purchase.

Thanks

Steve

woody

Reaction score
You could try a search on eBay for Clevenger and see what they're selling for.
Don't forget to check the completed items.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler