John Wyeth & Bro Philadelphia.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crystal200020

Reaction score
Hi. I have a very old John Wyeth & Bro. Philadelphia.... Embossed....No other markings.. The bottle looks like some kind of whiskey or bitters. it is 9 1/4in tall with a long neck and a ten pin shaped bottom, there's also two embossed rings around the neck...The color is dark brown and the bottle is very heavy....Any info would be great, sorry no pics, still trying to find my camera.Thanks.......

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Crystal, Its a malt whiskey bottle. I've never seen it in a ten pin. Sure wish you had a pic, sounds neat.

crystal200020

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....As soon as I find or buy a new camera I will post a pic...........

crystal200020

Reaction score
Is there any value to this bottle because I have two, the second one isn't as old and the markings are different,,, JNO WYETH & BRO with an H on the bottom...The bottle is the same shape and size but the color is lighter and it is not as heavy......Thanks....

capsoda

Reaction score
The ones I've seen run $15 to $20 but as I said I haven't seen the ten pin version. Could be worth more or less. Maybe someone else in the forum knows.

slimdigger

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the bottle I believe you have. Not much value to the bottle. $5 to 10 dollars.

Ki20385.jpg

Attachments

• Ki20385.jpg
    Ki20385.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 120

crystal200020

Reaction score
The older of my two bottles is a lot different than yours, John is spelled out, not JNO. Liq. Ext.malt is not on my bottle, and the shape of mine is wider bellow the neck, the color is a lot darker than yours........Thanks for the info.......Crystal...

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Crystal.

This is probably like the WYETH you have. We find both types quite often up here. The lighter colored ones are more desirable. Also sometimes find olive green ones. Nice shape bottle but not worth very much.

Cliff

Us55032.jpg

Attachments

• Us55032.jpg
    Us55032.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 124

crystal200020

Reaction score
Getting closer, My bottle is alot darker and the two rings around the neck on mine are closer together, almost touching and the base of mine still seems wider......I really need to find my camera...........Thanks for the info...........Crystal........

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4