Always wanted an early embossed Eagle Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cracked bottle

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Steve,

Keene ends in an "E". Not sure why my pictures make it look like an "S" but it does look that way.

Thanks,

Marc

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Yup, sure does look like an "S." That really would have been something!

epackage

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a reworked mold, there is no doubt about and S being visible..

bottle_head9

Reaction score
It definately looks like an "S". Marc, could you take another photo? It would be interesting to see just how the angle is playing tricks on us..[8|]

cracked bottle

Reaction score
I am at work and can't take a better picture showing the, " E" in Keene. Here is a picture of the listing from Glassworks. I wish it was an " S".

Thanks,

Marc

CA094B018E1C4F75BFC974B0B4DB4F2D.jpg

Attachments

• CA094B018E1C4F75BFC974B0B4DB4F2D.jpg
    CA094B018E1C4F75BFC974B0B4DB4F2D.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 66

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Maybe this was the first one belted out by the same mold maker who made the KCCNC mistake molds and he screwed up again and spelled KEENE KEENS but caught it after the first few bottles were blown. Yeah I like that story Marc it makes your bottle more valuable already!!![8D]...... On a more serious note the possibility does exist that the KCCNC mold was no mistake in fact it is quite possible it is a Masonic coded spelling of Keene and the word has a double meaning which used cryptography to hide the true meaning.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

I used to have one of those same flasks, but sold it when I needed some dough. Miss it, being a Free Mason and all...

PD

Yeah I feel ya I sold my puce Eagle I miss him already.

Yeah, I'm sure you did sell it! LOL at you sickster.

PD

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Maybe this was the first one belted out by the same mold maker who made the KCCNC mistake molds and he screwed up again and spelled KEENE KEENS but caught it after the first few bottles were blown. Yeah I like that story Marc it makes your bottle more valuable already!!![8D]...... On a more serious note the possibility does exist that the KCCNC mold was no mistake in fact it is quite possible it is a Masonic coded spelling of Keene and the word has a double meaning which used cryptography to hide the true meaning.

Steve - I suppose the man on the grassy knoll might have some insight on this bottle? Or maybe Jesse Ventura? Wondering what the secret message on the bottle was? As opposed to in the bottle.

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler