small bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Terry

Reaction score
i have found this small bottle and need help finding more about it on the one side it reads
jordan water
the reverse reads...
pan am. 1901

Tr49058.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49058.jpg
    Tr49058.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 103

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Terry...

I can't help you with identifying your bottle (sorry)...but I just wanted to tell you it is a very beautiful bottle, I haven't seen one like it....I like minatures...good find!

The Doc....[X(]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Opps! Sorry 'Doc'[:eek:] - You asked me to post the picture you emailed of the very first bottle you ever found which just happens to be a minature. It's fuzzy, but here it is, you can provide the specifics, size etc.

Om34452.jpg

Attachments

• Om34452.jpg
    Om34452.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 101

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Last one, with DR's trained marble performing a balancing act![8D]

Ro42054.jpg

Attachments

• Ro42054.jpg
    Ro42054.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 100

sunshine4me

Reaction score
Hi Norm, Is that a green bottle, It looks like one i found, without the marble on top. I think the one i found was an old time pickle jar. I like the shape of it,not sure when it was made. I have been looking on the internet for it. I have come across some pretty nice antique pickle bottle containers. I was just wondering.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Cindi - No, it's definately not a pickle bottle unless they were teeny-tiny pickles![;)] That's a glass playing marble on top of it! I believe it might be a small sample bottle. You need to ask DR, it's his bottle, I just posted it for him. I've pulled out some pickle bottles here in Westbrook also, and although they're not terribly collectible to some people, I've held on to them. I have an H J Heienz, amethyst in color with 'Pat-d June 9th. 1891' embossed on the base. It has an interesting mouth, applied ring with groove all around the top to sit a glass top(missing[:eek:]) on/in. Again, not a real valuable jar, but I like the way it looks, I'm not in this for the money. We'll have to get together and compare some of our finds. Stop by 581 Bridge St. this weekend, we're having a yard sale - I'll show you our collection!
Oh! that goes for the rest of the forum members also, if you happen to be in Westbrook, Maine this weekend, stop by, I got to get rid of years worth of clutter![:D] Wow, worldwide advertising - free.[8D]

sunshine4me

Reaction score
Hi Norm, I thought it was a pretty bottle. I am not in it for the money either, I found a small bottle today. It is brown, with u. d. co on the bottom of it. I also found some green round ones, with wild tops on them, under the cap had some interesting symbols on it. I would like to stop by this weekend. I will bring one by. I was not in to water games to day. I was careful today. I like just being able to find an interesting bottle. Some of the ones i find bring back memories for the folks at the church i go to. What time is the lawn sale? Cindi

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Sunshine...

I asked Norm to post this for me last month or so, and I just found it(the post, not the bottle!)...I don't want to sell this bottle...it was the very first bottle I ever found...it started me on my endless quest for the "holy bottle" that will satisfy this craving within me to own "one more bottle" for my collection.[:D]

It is a 3-in-1 oil sample bottle, it is only 2 1/4 inches high so like Norm said they would have to be mighty small pickles!...I recently bought a larger 3-in-1 oil bottle to keep this one company on my bookshelf/collectables/catch-all shelf! This one is a rectangular one, four sided, 3 3/4 inches high, 3/4 by 1 1/2 inches wide, "three-in-one" embossed on one side (narrow side), "3-in-one oil co." embossed on the opposite side. Paid $6.00 for it and worth it just to say I added it to my collection!

Thanks Norm...someday when I get bigger I'll figure out how to post my pictures by myself![8D]

The Doc...[X(]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen