Dug my first case gin!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: KBbottles

I know it's nothing too special or valuable, but I have been wanting to dig one of these whole for a very long time and finally did! One of those bottles that you really enjoy finding and keep for a very long time, despite the lack of embossing, scarcity, etc... This one is just all about the love of digging old glass and appreciating a nice looking hand-blown bottle. [:D]

65BAF97FA8624FE4A9A71A9615FC7384.jpg

Congrats Ken! I've actually never dug a whole one...The only one I ever found whole was in a crawl space under my cousins house....There was an old trap door we pryed open with a scattering of bottles around it underneath...I was amazed to find it! It's much like yours and I still have it.

j.dinets

Reaction score
I felt the same way. In all the years of digging, I've only found one case gin, (much like yours). I had always wanted to dig one up, after I found a headless one on a rafter in a basement, it only took me 15 years to do it! I have bought a few sealed and embossed ones, but the one I dug is still my favorite. Congratulations.

Asterx

Reaction score
Nice find, one of my favorite bottles I've ever dug is a case gin. They're very attractive bottles [:)]

canada

Reaction score
When I first started digging back in the 1970s, I badly wanted to find a blown case gin. For a long time I only found cracked , broken & machinemade ones. Finally, in a circa 1910 city dump, I found literally dozens...
Still have many of them, lovely bottles, often crudely made. Enjoy yours.

Good luck in future digs.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler