E G Booz's Cabin Whiskey bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Does anyone have more info on this bottle? I also listed it on ebay #6274031974... i don't think this is a fake though. The bottle has printing that reads "BOOZE BOTTLE"... i'm not sure though...

Attachments

• Ki19472.jpg
    Ki19472.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 121

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
If your bottle has BOOZE BOTTLE embossed on the base it is a Repro.
And on the originals the period after WHISKEY does not always show up( This was one point used to tell originals for many years by collectors ).......because of a dirty mold. I have seen originals with no period after Whiskey.
There is a quite lengthy discussion on these E.G. BOOZ bottles on this forum.....if you do a search you will find lots of reading.
Brian

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Welcome Alysha_tom !
You are right ..... collect what you love ! The repro Booze Bottles are becoming very collectable.
In my opinion .... these bottles are one of the toughest to indentify as being original or repros , especially by the novice collector .
Enchantingstar had listed one on ebay as being an original .....when actually it was a repro. And the forum members were just letting him know it was a repro( Not knocking him for having a repro ) ....But just so he could add that info to his description so a novice or unsuspecting bidder did not get a repro at an original price .
Maybe you could post some info on the Company and owners if you have any available ?
We would all enjoy reading and learning about this History !!!

Poppany

Reaction score
</forum/image/board_snh.gif>
I bought a book through e-bay called "Tippercanoe & EG Booz too" which makes it easy to distinguish the reproductions from the originals. It is written by Tom Haunton, called "Jerseyana" on e-bay. He is selling copies right now on CD. I absolutely LOVE the book, and it has been very useful to me.

JustGlass

Reaction score
Mr. Haunton was very helpful with helping me identifiy my E.G. BOOZ. being real or repro. I meant him by accident as he had a original booz for sale on ebay and I contacted him with questions about mine. Little did I know he was the one that did lots of research and had written a book about this bottle. I sold mine recently on ebay for a decent price. I was afraid it would get broken as I have had some bad luck ( freaky accidents) before with some of my other pricey bottles. I sure do miss it as it was a beauty. I had a cut corner roof booz. The cut only went into the first row of shingles. All repros Ive seen the cut gos into the second row. After owning a original cut corner I find it easy to tell real from repro. The straight roofs are the ones that still fool me.

Poppany

Reaction score
I also have an original, which I bought from him. It is a straight-roof (GVII-3). I feel that I can quickly spot the repros also. But like you said, I still have problems with the straight-roof ones. I've paid too much for a few repros that I wasn't sure of while I was bidding on them.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If your bottle has BOOZE BOTTLE embossed on the base it is a Repro.
Dragging this up again in case the info may be of use. I picked up one with a "BOOZE BOTTLE" base. It has an original "MADE IN ITALY" sticker.

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey all. There sure is a lot diffrent repo even . I have one by wheton that says E.C. BOOZ'S not E.G. pretty bottles though.Good luck diggen an finding all.bill

6CA68AA09E3A43638DD6FDE694DD818E.jpg

Attachments

• 6CA68AA09E3A43638DD6FDE694DD818E.jpg
    6CA68AA09E3A43638DD6FDE694DD818E.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 114

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler