just aobservation,

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
iv notices lately a lot of new people coming on the forum,that fined a bottle,and just ask how much its worth.It wood be nice if some of them wood be truly interested in its history or who made it.Just an observation.

Karikeller11

Reaction score
I am sure there are others like me that constantly read the post on here and enjoy learning all we can. I personally don't have the older bottles that would spark any interest here, but I am not giving up!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Sure, who isn't interested in value. It's been a question as long as I've been on this site and as long as I've been alive for that matter. I don't see any big push on the question lately but with all the internet stories of bottles being sold for 10's of thousands of dollars I'm sure it will.
I am sure there are others like me that constantly read the post on here and enjoy learning all we can. ..... but I am not giving up!
That's the attitude!!!! Something will come with that thinking.

botlguy

Reaction score
I agree with all these posts and while I prefer that folks get as interested in old bottles to the extend I am, tough act to follow, we should maintain our "to each his own" attitude and help as much as we can. Who knows when our input will spark a genuine interest in the rest of what the hobby has to offer. I too sometimes refer to them as "One Post Wonders".

DeepDown

Reaction score
Usually if a person joins a club or a Forum for something. Means they have interest in what they taking effort to join. Means it appealing to them. And with anything you collect. Money has a big part. Takes money to buy new things for collection. Takes money to get gas to go out and find new things or even to store the stuff. Most people who collect things Have buy, sell, trade etc... all ways trying to improve their collection. Well unless you won Lottery or have Maybe Bill Gates as a dad... But I haven't met those people yet. -- And most people like collecting things with Value. Know they can sell now or later down the road. Haven't met anyone who like collecting Bills... If you know of anyone who does. Let me know.. I have plenty of bills they can have..lol I like collecting things.. I have many collections.. I'm all ways having to sell stuff to make room and so I can more things I like.. I like many of things.. Bottle and old glass lately is just one of many thing I collecting at moment..

2find4me

Reaction score
Sunrunner, can you spell anything right? [:D] I sometimes have my gramar porblems to... lol

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
I've that also..........................those things also. Being 'How much is this worth' and sunrunner just can't spell? Both equally annoying. No...............it's the crappy,junk bottles I've been seeing here for the longest. I guess I just long for the bygone days when we had stuff here on ABN to look at and interesting people to talk with. Not some kid to lazy to look up information, just comes here w/ a $2.00 or less bottle and "What's the value?" Deep, do you collect or accumulate............................meaning do you specialize in a type of glass of pick up just whatever you find?

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
I've that also..........................those things also. Being 'How much is this worth' and sunrunner just can't spell? Both equally annoying. No...............it's the crappy,junk bottles I've been seeing here for the longest. I guess I just long for the bygone days when we had stuff here on ABN to look at and interesting people to talk with. Not some kid to lazy to look up information, just comes here w/ a $2.00 or less bottle and "What's the value?" Deep, do you collect or accumulate............................meaning do you specialize in a type of glass of pick up just whatever you find?

TJSJHART

Reaction score
I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE WHO ASK ABOUT VALUE ON BOTTLES , ONE TIME POSTERS, ARE BEGINING COLLECTOR OR JUST GOT LUCKY AND FOUND THEM GIVING THEM WHAT WE THINK THE VALUE IS HELPFUL AND JUST PLAIN NICE . I'M I RIGHT ?

joesmarbles

Reaction score
Sunrunner, so many people are trying to get a few extra dollars, they are searching for any avenue that can provide them with what they need. No shame in this! As a picker since the 1970's we all jump from category to category according to what the trend is for today, gold,silver,collectible coins,antiques etc. I have been very lucky in that I bought coins cheap in the sixties and seventies, antiques in the seventies and eighties and marbles in the eighties and nineties. I was very lucky to sell at the top of these markets. To me anyone searching for those few extra dollars they need is wonderful, beats the hell out of the FSA!!!!!!!.....Joe McDonough

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler