just aobservation,

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So for what itmis worth! I haven't bought or sought historical flasks or any glass that was beyond a hundred bucks. I have collected glass to study and learn how to identify how it was made. It is the mechanics of how the mader accomplished his goals - that I want to know and so I can respect their work. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Yesterday I found three pieces of glass bar stock sticks, about three inches segments and a half inch in diameter. I forgot that I had them - and I have no idea of what they were used for - and I don't remember where they came from, but I think they were sent to me by a guy named 'Ben' from Connecticut. I haven't any idea of their purpose or who made them.I also was thinking last night about watching electric light bulbs being made on a machine where the glass was lifted by vacuum up into the molds. Also last night I was looking at a six foot glass cane I have on the wall here in NY, and thinking about how it could migrate to Florida this fall. Each and every glass item tickles my thought system. RED M.

sunrunner

Reaction score
Spirit Bear you win! And for my spelling difficulties? I have a neurological impairment which makes it difficult to recognize letters.sorry.

sunrunner

Reaction score
Spirit Bear you win! And as for my poor spelling.I have a neurological impairment which makes it difficult to recognize misspelled words.sorry.

sandchip

Reaction score
sunrunner said:
Spirit Bear you win! And as for my poor spelling.I have a neurological impairment which makes it difficult to recognize misspelled words.sorry.

Point well taken, Sun. Your apology is not necessary, however, we may need your forgiveness.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have had the advantage of finding an early book on glass collecting by DR. Larry Freeman. And it brought to mind a list of glass items that I have kept for in my blog homepage. There are always new ones to add: Glass bell covers for spring garden plant protection; Early glass light bulbs; Glass fish net floats and line bobbers; Glass minnow traps, fly traps, mouse traps, and furniture or piano caster cups. - there are lots of them. RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I seriously want to buy each of the two books covering antique bottles that Dr. Larry Freeman wrote about Antique Bottles. i would at least like to borrow them for a couple years because of a bottler mystery solution I am working on. At 85 now, I will have a hard time,lasting more tan the two years, I haven't been able to find them from book seller companies, yet. RED Matthews.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75