Junior Member New Bottler

Yellow Green Gem Pre 1900?

Yellow Green Gem Pre 1900? I'm hoping one of you bottle gurus can help identify the marking on the bottom... I've researched but, found nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_55dd.jpg   fullsizeoutput_55d9.jpg   IMG_3378.jpg   fullsizeoutput_55db.jpg   fullsizeoutput_55d8.jpg  

Looks like an 1870ish Demi John. Can't figure out the mark on the bottom either. I'm sure someone will come up with it.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    I agree, late 1870s, early 1880s judging from a tooled top on a post bottom mold. Very nice color and a strange mark indeed.

I agree about the strange mark.. I'm going to continue searching with the keywords you guys mentioned. Hopefully, I find my next clue with them.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    It is just a mold designator of some kind....I am afraid it will not lead to any revelations.

That is exactly what I was hoping to not hear. Although I appreciate the advice. I like to document the history on every bottle I choose to keep in my collection. I'm not sure if I like the discovering the history of each bottle or the bottle itself more. Maybe one day we will have a better guide to reference these molds of the forgotten past!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That split color swirling is amazing. There's one that belongs in a window. Beautiful.

A treasure. I sure wish I found it. It's' definitely pre 1900.

Not sure if you've seen this site, but you might check for the marking here.

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/