Today's Privy Find. More Hutch's.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Raypadua

Reaction score
I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a couple of Winnipeg ones if you say that's a good price. I'd really like to have some local pieces :)

I can't wait for the next time I go to Toronto to pick up a some more Hutch's as well if I can find them around the $5 range!!! I've never hunted for bottles in T.O. and I always stop by the Harborfront Antique market when I am there so hopefully I'll find a few!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I can't guarantee that it's a good price. But I'd be surprised to see them going for less than, say, $30. I rarely see Winnipeg bottles for sale so I don't know what the local market is like, but in general any pre-crown top soda bottles from west of Ontario won't dip below $30 for the most common bottles, and that's based on bottle show prices from a decade ago so I don't know if prices have risen much since.
You almost certainly won't find $5 Hutchinsons in antique stores in Toronto, you need to go to antique shows, specifically bottle shows, for that. The Toronto market was completely flooded by the massive number of bottles dug up during recent construction projects but no matter how common they are Hutchinson bottles just look too interesting for antique stores to price them that low, even if that's all Toronto collectors would pay for them.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I didn't realize you were from Canada & your bottle was probably from Canada. SO, The no sluge plate & more rounded bottom maybe more of a Canada thing & I'm not to Familiar with Canadian bottles. Not my Specialty. But I have seen that bottom before, just not sure where, maybe on old Belfast Ginger Ale bottle or other Ginger Ale bottles from late 1800's. LEON.

Raypadua

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I haven't been to a bottle show yet and I don't see any advertising for any bottle shows here in Winnipeg either. A breweriana show/sale is coming up in October and hopefully I'll see some there!

I also just saw an add for another blank hutch bottle just like mine that was apparently dug up in Edmonton. So perhaps it is a Canadian think Leon!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I haven't been to a bottle show yet and I don't see any advertising for any bottle shows here in Winnipeg either. A breweriana show/sale is coming up in October and hopefully I'll see some there!

I also just saw an add for another blank hutch bottle just like mine that was apparently dug up in Edmonton. So perhaps it is a Canadian think Leon!
Look for antique and collectible sales as well. Those almost always have bottles. And check any flea markets that you can, there are probably bottle collectors in your area that sell doubles from their collection somewhere.

Raypadua

Reaction score
Thanks CB! Hard to concentrate at work now with Bottles on my mind 24/7 :)

hemihampton

Reaction score
I like the pic with you sitting and admiring the old bottle. This is my favorite part. Thanks for sharing.

That was oldtimer Mike admiring the Hutch Bottle. He's like 80 something & been digging since the late 1960's or early 70's as far as I know. I hope I can keep digging at 80 years old. LEON.

P.S. Mike's almost as old as that bottle is LOL.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264