Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar
    I'd not call 50-year-old antique. In America, most museums consider century-old antique. In places like England, antique is more like 200 years old. I suppose it's all relative, but I'd say the bottles are vintage. Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the battleship Maine, which set off the Spanish-American war: an event of recent antiquity. But Vietnam-era? That's yesterday for even some of my coworkers.

In regards to the manufacturer, have you tried this site:
    https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-3/

In regards to value to the bottle, I failed to sell one still full of the product for $5 at an antique store and will be attempting to sell two for $2 at the upcoming bottle show.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Junior Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Bear View Post
    I'd not call 50-year-old antique. In America, most museums consider century-old antique. In places like England, antique is more like 200 years old. I suppose it's all relative, but I'd say the bottles are vintage. Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the battleship Maine, which set off the Spanish-American war: an event of recent antiquity. But Vietnam-era? That's yesterday for even some of my coworkers.

In regards to the manufacturer, have you tried this site:
    https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-3/

In regards to value to the bottle, I failed to sell one still full of the product for $5 at an antique store and will be attempting to sell two for $2 at the upcoming bottle show.
    Actually, I prefer "vintage" over "antique" - I was born in 1960! Your comment about the Vietnam War put these in perspective for me. I plan on attending the Flint Bottle Show - I might be interested in those "Like" bottles ... Thank you for the link!
    My latest conundrum is a Coke shaped bottle with no embossing, nothing on base or bottom. BUT, on the side it says
    "NV XCLUSIV
    circle 2 02 .EC OCA COLA COMPANY
    HECHO N MEXICO

Talk about new at this - I don't even know where to begin on a Mexican bottle.
    - Cheryl

Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar
    It's not the Flint I'll be at. It's the Grand Rapids one on February 23rd.

I'm afraid that I dunno any sources for Mexican bottles.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Lee View Post
    Actually, I prefer "vintage" over "antique" - I was born in 1960! Your comment about the Vietnam War put these in perspective for me. I plan on attending the Flint Bottle Show - I might be interested in those "Like" bottles ... Thank you for the link!
    My latest conundrum is a Coke shaped bottle with no embossing, nothing on base or bottom. BUT, on the side it says
    "NV XCLUSIV
    circle 2 02 .EC OCA COLA COMPANY
    HECHO N MEXICO

Talk about new at this - I don't even know where to begin on a Mexican bottle.
    - Cheryl
    Could you post a photo? That sounds like a very odd one. "XCLUSIV" makes me think that it was used in the US rather than Mexico, and probably in the 90s or 00s, when people thought it was cool to write things like "XCLUSIV" instead of "exclusive".

Junior Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    Could you post a photo? That sounds like a very odd one. "XCLUSIV" makes me think that it was used in the US rather than Mexico, and probably in the 90s or 00s, when people thought it was cool to write things like "XCLUSIV" instead of "exclusive".
    I was glad to post pics ... decided to start a new thread. Getting away from the LIKE bottle. Thank you so much!!!