Lea and Perrins bottle find in New Zealand

Hi

I'm new to the forum so hope you people can help me learn more about bottles. I have found 3 old bottles this week on the farm where I work, on the river flats of the Northern Wairoa River in Northland New Zealand. This area was first settled by Europeans in the early 1800"s and many artifacts have been found in this area, both pre and post-European periods. This Lea and Perrins bottle was sticking out of a drain bank. I hope the photo's help identify it's age etc.
    Thanks
    Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fullsizeoutput_1ebe.jpg   fullsizeoutput_1ec4.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Hi and welcome to the forum! The Lea and Perrins probably dates to the late 19th or early 20th century, up to around the 1920s or so. It's hard to be precise with these UK bottles.

I found a similar bottle in Canada once before , think it was widely used and mass produced at the time .

but evidence your in a good area that may contain other older bottles

although I have no idea how common it be to find one in your part of the world , we rarely see bottles posted from New Zealand or even Australia

Yeah I'd be curious to see any New Zealand bottles you find, I've only got one bottle from NZ and it's a 60s soda. Other than that I don't think I've ever seen any NZ bottles.
    And yes Worcester sauce was extremely popular throughout the British Empire around the turn of the century. We get a lot of those in Canada.

bottles made in England had a much cruder look to them , even into the 1920s.