1 day left on the Dr. H. James Cannabis Indica on eBay!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anthracite312

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320380823806&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1&category=895&salenotsupported

I forgot to put a reserve on it and the bid is only up to $102 !!! Happy bidding!

4F69460C48CC4C65BDE08EE188F161BE.jpg

Attachments

• 4F69460C48CC4C65BDE08EE188F161BE.jpg
    4F69460C48CC4C65BDE08EE188F161BE.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much. With 350 views, 42 watchers, and over a day left, I think your gonna see the real bidding start tonight and tomorrow.

anthracite312

Reaction score
Thanks CanYaDigIt. This is my first time selling a bottle. I had originally had a reserve on the auction, but made a mistake , started over , and forgot the reserve the second time around. I've been wearing the dunce cap for the last week!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Ebay kinda sucks that way. Everyone waits around until the last possible second to bid. I've seen some items go from $100 to $1000 in the last hour of bidding. I imagine you'll be a happy camper when the auction ends. Also, the fact that you have very little recent selling history on ebay might keep the price down a little.

anthracite312

Reaction score
Wow is right! Boy does this help a bunch. The house I was trying to get came to an end when it was discovered that I would have to put in a new raised bed septic system. So now I need to come up with even more money so I can purchase "less" of a money pit [:)]. This will definetly help. Thanks for everyones help! Chris

jays emporium

Reaction score
The best thing you did was not putting a reserve on that bottle. Many bidders, including myself, will not bid on reserve price auctions. I don't like to bid on reserve price auctions because I feel like I'm bidding against the seller as well as other bidders. Since the reserve is hidden I don't know if the seller is actually trying to sell the item or just find out how much some fool will bid for it and never reach the high reserve. If you want a certain amount for an item I think it is better to just put that price as your starting bid and then people will know the item is actually for sale.
In your case, if either one of the top two bidders felt the way I do about this your bottle would have brought only $300, half of what it sold for without a reserve.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If you dont like hidden reserves you can always post the reserve price in the auction text or just start the bottle out at the price you need to acheive.
I dont use reserve auctions often (mostly because it costs extra) but I have never had problems getting bids because of reserves. I always tell bidders what the reserve is if they want to know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem