1840's privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JGUIS

Reaction score
It was a bummer, but a very exciting dig for me. Hopefully next time I get to keep something.[8|]

baltbottles

Reaction score
I actually enjoy digging really early pits even if we don't get any good bottles. I have come to enjoy the early ceramics as much as the bottles. And enjoy reconstructing them from the shard in the pits.

Chris

JGUIS

Reaction score
I spent most of the time in the hole wishing that I would dig more pieces of the earthworm or seaweed patterns, so I could do just that. Most of the frags were removed with the dipping, so I had to settle with putting what I could back together for pics.

stanleyva2009

Reaction score
I know it's about bottles but try to find someone with a metal detector and go over the site. If already dug it might yield a small treasure or two. If I was there I'd help ya out.

CazDigger

Reaction score
What you experienced is typical for me, digging pits around here. Lots of "if only...." As if it wasn't bad enough that the good bottles/ceramics are broken, but they dipped out enough shards to make a decent reconstruction impossible. &*^%$# Rotten honeydippers! (Its still fun to dig these pits to see this nice stuff though, and dream)

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
Nice shards, thats the REALITY of privy digging. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Tom

RCO

Reaction score
too bad everything is broken , i've dug up alot of broken bottles lately . i'd have at least 10 nice pop bottles this month alone if they weren't all broken when i found them

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Usually in the town dump closest to where they were dippin at the time. Some of those dumps were burners, meaning they set fire to the garbage every once in awhile to keep down the smell and do away with some of the garbage. Usually burners were nearer to the 1890-1900 time periods, before that they just draglined and buried the stuff..........

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4