1938 Big Chief ACL Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JayBeck

Reaction score
I recently picked up this neat Big Chief ACL bottle that is dated 1938. It has the same label on the front and the back. I have seen lots of the all embossed Big Chief bottles similar to this style but I have never seen one with an ACL on it. There is no city/state listed on the bottle. I have tried searching the usual sites online but I can not find anything about this one. It does have some paint loss with the majority being on the back label but I thought this one might be special enough to ignore a little lost paint. I'm thinking this one is fairly rare but I'm not sure and I'm also wondering if this particular bottle was used in one area or at multiple locations. Any other info about this bottle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

2EA4E29DD90F423994FD4469E1C36DB0.jpg

Attachments

• 2EA4E29DD90F423994FD4469E1C36DB0.jpg
    2EA4E29DD90F423994FD4469E1C36DB0.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 59

bottlingco

Reaction score
This is a rare bottle. It is from Oregon. They were made in two towns, and both are quite rare in any condition. I have never seen one of these that didn't have the town embossed on the town. Sometimes they are lightly embossed, so it may be worth a second look. ~bottlingco

splante

Reaction score
very cool bottle nice find. I love the 30's acls,still dont have one myself think my earliest is 1940

sodapops

Reaction score
I agree with bottlingco, I have quit collecting bottles NOT from Oklahoma but would LOVE to get my hands on one of these bad boys. Nice find congrats.

JayBeck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlingco

This is a rare bottle. It is from Oregon. They were made in two towns, and both are quite rare in any condition. I have never seen one of these that didn't have the town embossed on the town. Sometimes they are lightly embossed, so it may be worth a second look. ~bottlingco

Thanks bottlingco! I took another look and it is marked Eugene, Ore on the bottom. I don't know how I missed that before. It is interesting to know that this bottle was only used in two towns.

JayBeck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: splante

very cool bottle nice find. I love the 30's acls,still dont have one myself think my earliest is 1940

Thanks for the comment splante...I'm sure you will find a 30s ACL soon enough if you keep looking

JayBeck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: sodapops

I agree with bottlingco, I have quit collecting bottles NOT from Oklahoma but would LOVE to get my hands on one of these bad boys. Nice find congrats.

Thanks sodapops! I certainly do not collect bottles from Oregon or Big Chiefs but this one was hard to resist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4