2 sizes of same bottle What is it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
I found these at 2 completely different places but they are the same bottle, only 2 diff sizes. There is an embossed pattern below the neck and at the bottom. Larger one is about 5 1/2" tall, smaller is about 4" tall. Made by owens illinois glass co. What were these used for?

A side-note- Have you guys ever noticed that even a big bottle dump sites where there are 50+, you usually only find one or 2 of the same bottle. Why is this? if a family used the product and dumped all of their trash there, why isnt there a lot of each thing...For example, A masons root beer bottle....or pepsi...or shampoo...etc. We go out and buy pepsi by the 24 packs....Why is there only one of each thing at a site? Thanks again - Jon

Mj24690.jpg

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
ehh....so it probably isnt worth anything....trash or cash?....Hey you know what I like that....If you all could do me a favor whenever you answer one of my posts.....At the end let me know - Throw it away its worthless - TRASH Its worth something - CASH....Thanks

Bluebelle

Reaction score
On why just one or two? Some bottled goods either last a long time or used infrequently, such as certain medicines, extracts, special condiments, so they aren't replaced often, ergo don't end up in quantity in the family dump. (I'd hate to tell you how long I've had my own vanilla extract or A1 sauce in the cupboard, LOL) Or because of passage of time between discards, could end up in different layers in the dump or different dumps altogether. Or, they try a different brand which could come in a different container.
And in between "trash or cash" is the category "I just happen to like it, I don't care what anybody else thinks!" [:D]

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
some of todays trash could be tomorrows cash...........I keep some of my more common finds; wrap 'em, box em' & shove 'em up in the attic. Who knows, maybe somebody will make a killer find a hundred years from now......

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey all, Good points. "One man's trash is another man's treasure". I wonder if, back in 1825, as the guy droped an open pontil honey yellow bitters bottle into the crapper he thought, "I bet somebody will get thousands of dollars for that one day"? [&:]
How about this; "Cash, >STASH< or Trash". [sm=lol.gif]

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
haha yeah I've tried that stash idea but found out you run out of room fast....so i keep the ones worth money now and the ones i think are pretty cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28