2 years in the making

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
This is going to be a bit long, but it took 2 years to fully develop.
A little over 2 years ago, the badger and I found a magical spot purely by accident. It was pretty well dug, but we got permission and gave it a shot. Seems like we were there every weekend for 3 months, digging, sifting, and metal detecting. The badger was rewarded with 2 pontils, 4 large cents, spanish silver, numerous buckles, marbles, unembossed medicines and a dice hand crafted from a lead bullet. I didn't do too bad myself with some nice tri mold bottles, a 1803 large cent, medicines, buckles, marbles, a toy gun, costume jewelry,a pumpkin seed bottle, and these beauties.

jesster64

Reaction score
Naturally, all good things come to an end and our permission was revoked due to construction beginning on the site. Something about no trespassing on a construction site. Anyway, I passed by the spot on my way to my parents about once a month for 2 years. I saw them scrape the top layer of dirt off and pile it on a mountain in the back. I bought coffee for the construction guys and asked if they had seen any bottles, no luck. I had visions of donning a ski mask and detecting late at night with a flash light, but held off.
Finally, construction was completed. I called the land owner out of the blue and begged, pleaded him for one last shot at the site . I was sure some coins or buttons had to be just below the surface. I even gave him the puppy dog eyes, which isn't easy over the phone. He finally said yes, only 1 day, because the grass hadn't come in yet. today was the day. The badger couldn't make it so I went at it solo.

jesster64

Reaction score
I saw some of our old shard piles, which brought us to tears a few times. I saw a good sized snake, who went north, so I went south. I dug a few test holes and found some glass. After an hours worth of digging, I was able to pull a few sodas, 1 coke, 2 ginger ales, a lamp base(I think), mason with lid, an unembossed medicine, an amber poison(I think), a plastic leap frog pocket game, and a dish.
https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t305/jesster64/digging003.jpg?t=1271477236

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn