2 years in the making

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Fisher Gold Bug detectors work good. LEON.

jesster64

Reaction score
went back and dug for 3 hrs this morning. only pulled a few cokes, 2 more ginger ales, a mason, and a marble. not worth posting picture. Looks like the thorn bushes have taken over.

jesster64

Reaction score
I was at the church. Theres a long trench next to it, about 100 yards. At one end is stuff from 1700's and the other end is 1970's. With a mix in between. Its been dug to death, but every once in a while you hit a pocket of stuff.

jesster64

Reaction score
Let me try and explain it a bit better to get some advice on what to do. Imagine a 100 yard long trench. On one end, the remains of a 1700 building. Trees line the trench on each side. Shards everywhere. The remains have been dug to death, but its also where the badger pulled out some small pontills, probably overlooked and some large cents. We found a decent spot halfway down the trench, and started digging under some trees. Thats where the kohls, pumpkin seed, and various plain medicines came out. That dried up. Further down the trench are masons and condiment remains which is where I pulled out the cokes and milk pint. I tried probing, no luck. Trench is also FULL of sticker bushes and thorny things, tough to maneuver in. You basically have to decide on a spot, remove thorn bushes, and star digging. Stuff is 6 inches down to 3 feet down. Dave thinks there are some undiscovered privies. Could be a gold mine if we find the right spot or could be a lot of wasted effort. Don't know if I should dig into a bank or dig straight down. Do I go back to tree where we found great stuff and just go further down? I tried google map, didn't help. Picture of the old structure is avail, but it doesn't help with locating anything in the trench. Metal detector goes nuts in the trench with all kinds of barb wire, matress springs, and such.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey tom,i think we should trytwo spots first .the first one being where i pulled the bone toothbrush and the second being the hole where thathugh slate piece is sitting on top.those would be worthwhile attempts i think.

jesster64

Reaction score
I agree, up where there is ash still and maybe under the big rock we moved. Hopefully its hidden enough now and we won't be bothered.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn