200 Photos of 2012 FOHBC National Show, Reno NV

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score

http://sportsantiques.com/fohbc_reno_show_7_27_12.htm
I attended the FOHBC National Bottle Show in Reno Friday 7/27 and Saturday 7/28. IT was $70.00 for early entry on Friday. But then when I went to pay it was like $50 if you were a member of FOHBC and $30.00 to joiin = total $80.00 so I joined for the exra $10.00. Above is a link to about 100 photos I posted on my site SportsAntiques.com. I'll be posting another 100 or so of Saturday shots pretty soon.

The show was pretty darn good....Naturally I as a collector of sports display antiques was looking for overflow items beyond just bottles....tins, signs, etc....and it was there. I didn't find too much for sports but I did get the 1963 Dodgers vs Yankees World Series banner and the 7 1/4" tall c1870 Jockey Club Root Beer bottle above

I himm hawed over the two items above....a c1880 pocker themed whiskey bottle I think was marketed to the military as there was a large U.S. embossed on the back priced $225.00....but money was tight and I left without it...it would have just been an eBay spec piece. the boxing glove was cool for $40.00..about 4" tall bisq cast whiskey bottle...but just didn't have the eye appeal and I left it...would have been nice but just another knick knack really...

Below are a few shots I took but as mentioned you can see tons more on my site link below...and like I say I'll get 100 more of Saturday up soon

http://sportsantiques.com/fohbc_reno_show_7_27_12.htm

cca54f65.jpg

d4a71c24.jpg

cc1771af.jpg

211e928e.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
That Jockey Club label looks very wrong for that bottle IMUO...[:-]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

now there is a nice labelled blob top [8|]

That's the understatement of the century! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that's one cool bottle! And relevant to the discussion we were having about labeled blobs...

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

now there is a nice labelled blob top [8|]

You're talling about the Heinle's Jockey Club Root Beer?....it's called a "blob top"?.....good to know....Can you tell me a little about them? I. E. How they were made? blown? cast? etc....era they were made?...Where they were made etc etc?...anything you can relate would be appreicated....and about the product too. Guy I got it from speculated it was c1870

When I got it I pondered it a little before pulling the trigger...I'm not up on bottles per se but I know enough to beware of the label being applied after the fact etc. Nevertheless after discussing it with the seller...I felt it was real..said he got it from a collector in Washington state...can't actually recall all the exact facts but sounded pretty good and more important after examing the label it seemed fatigued enough with a few old looking scratches. Even if it was applied after the fact...which I don't think the case...the label appeared original and pretty rare by it's self...Seller said he paid more than the $125.00 I gave for it.

epackage

Reaction score
I think the Boxing Glove flask would have been a great addition at that price Carlton, I love it personally....

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I was busy at my table and unable to get out much to look around the show . Three of my bottles made the top eight in last evening's J.H. Cutter shootout, though.

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
LOL...you guys are killing me....so you think the label has been added...but the bottle is good?...I think when I bought it in the back of my mind I anticipated this conjecture on this site....

If someone can persuade me with rational to support that the label has been added I'm all for it...In fact I welcome it...I'd actually prefer something be torn to shreds here than think it's right if it isn't....That is...like I say, if that position is supported by viable research.

TROG

Reaction score
Thankyou for the photo,s as good to see what shows in other parts of the world.

David

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I don't think the label's been applied later... I may end up on the wrong side here, but I'm gonna go with my gut and say it really is a labeled 1870's pony soda... Great find! What makes you folks think it's been applied recently?

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26