200 Photos of 2012 FOHBC National Show, Reno NV

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
This is the Heinle extract bottle...

FFA670D1FF4946E5ADA84FF52A5FC39B.jpg

Attachments

• FFA670D1FF4946E5ADA84FF52A5FC39B.jpg
    FFA670D1FF4946E5ADA84FF52A5FC39B.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 75

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
The root beer extract would be a smaller bottle, probably similar to a Hires extract bottle, sold in the box shown in the ad I posted.

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

ORIGINAL: CarltonHendricks

LOL...you guys are killing me....so you think the label has been added...but the bottle is good?...I think when I bought it in the back of my mind I anticipated this conjecture on this site....

If someone can persuade me with rational to support that the label has been added I'm all for it...In fact I welcome it...I'd actually prefer something be torn to shreds here than think it's right if it isn't....That is...like I say, if that position is supported by viable research.
Hi Carlton, I am the one who sold you the bottle. I thought I was clear that even though I thought the bottle was 1870's, I thought the label was added later probably around the turn of the century. I got the bottle from a collector digger in Scott Bar. He bought it at an estate sale in the Seattle Washington area. I do not think the label was added recently. However if you think I misrepresented anything to you no problem, just send me a PM and I will arrange to return your money, no harm no foul.

Hello cacarpetbagger
Thanks for your input...Yeah I was a little fouled up on the food chain where you got it...that is you got it from someone who got it in Seattle...I can't really recall you saying the label was probably added around the turn of the century, as I would think something that specific would stand out...I just recall you were pretty certain the bottle was c1870 and the jockey graphics were the same as some other Jockey Club bottle you mentioned...Beyond that, considering I didn't get the food chain part right I won't even begin to try to recount what you said about the the label part.

In the interest of not offending you I will plainly recount though, that what ever you said when I bought it....my general perception was you were 100% upfront and presented it as honestly as you knew it....And I believe that was part of the reason I bought it.

I actually like the bottle more now than when I bought it....I think a lot of it is the color and shape...that incredible blue with the bubbles in the glass really has wow factor...and the label is killer...the three dimensional border of the font for JOCKEY CLUB ROOT BEER in blue with gold outline...the racehorse astride at dead center..the jockey in racing silks and a striped cap...the bold gold colored border....the Heinle's moniker at top center in red with black border...and the striking diamond label shape...and no matter the decade I think the label is original and...I'll just say "old"!!

Thanks for your offer to let me return it but....eh...I think I'll hold on to'er...Thanks again for your post and I look forward to doing more business with you.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Who wants to buy some cool bottles that had labels added many years later? Please advise? Might add some "serious" value to slick OPs and IPs? Please advise! LOL. Integrity?

PD

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

LOL...you guys are killing me....so you think the label has been added...but the bottle is good?...I think when I bought it in the back of my mind I anticipated this conjecture on this site....

If someone can persuade me with rational to support that the label has been added I'm all for it...In fact I welcome it...I'd actually prefer something be torn to shreds here than think it's right if it isn't....That is...like I say, if that position is supported by viable research.
Hi Carlton, I am the one who sold you the bottle. I thought I was clear that even though I thought the bottle was 1870's, I thought the label was added later probably around the turn of the century. I got the bottle from a collector digger in Scott Bar. He bought it at an estate sale in the Seattle Washington area. I do not think the label was added recently. However if you think I misrepresented anything to you no problem, just send me a PM and I will arrange to return your money, no harm no foul.

Hello cacarpetbagger
Thanks for your input...Yeah I was a little fouled up on the food chain where you got it...that is you got it from someone who got it in Seattle...I can't really recall you saying the label was probably added around the turn of the century, as I would think something that specific would stand out...I just recall you were pretty certain the bottle was c1870 and the jockey graphics were the same as some other Jockey Club bottle you mentioned...Beyond that, considering I didn't get the food chain part right I won't even begin to try to recount what you said about the the label part.

In the interest of not offending you I will plainly recount though, that what ever you said when I bought it....my general perception was you were 100% upfront and presented it as honestly as you knew it....And I believe that was part of the reason I bought it.

I actually like the bottle more now than when I bought it....I think a lot of it is the color and shape...that incredible blue with the bubbles in the glass really has wow factor...and the label is killer...the three dimensional border of the font for JOCKEY CLUB ROOT BEER in blue with gold outline...the racehorse astride at dead center..the jockey in racing silks and a striped cap...the bold gold colored border....the Heinle's moniker at top center in red with black border...and the striking diamond label shape...and no matter the decade I think the label is original and...I'll just say "old"!!

Thanks for your offer to let me return it but....eh...I think I'll hold on to'er...Thanks again for your post and I look forward to doing more business with you.
That's fine, the offer of a refund is good anytime you want it.

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Who wants to buy some cool bottles that had labels added many years later? Please advise? Might add some "serious" value to slick OPs and IPs? Please advise! LOL. Integrity?

PD
I regret you question my integrity. This hobby has never been about the money for me. There are many people out there that know that. I would think that my honest offer of a refund of the money would in fact indicate that I do have integrity. You don't know me from Adam as I don't know you so I will refrain from making any judgement of your character.

CarltonHendricks

Reaction score
bcac91e4.jpg

OK first of all I misquoted the height as 4 1/4"....LOL...I must be getting rummy..I meant 7 1/4"...

caa797a4.jpg

Also this occured to me....the blue ink in the label perfectly matches the blue of the bottle...interesting.....what are the odds of that?

18d887c6.jpg

Considering the shape of the box in the c1890 ad AntiqueMeds posted and the word "Carbonated" which cyberdigger pointed out on the label....and the color coordinated label and bottle...I'm starting to wonder if it was a retail bottle....Last page Wheelah referenced it as a "labeled 1870's pony soda"......These "pony" soda bottles...were they common in the 1870's? sonds like a really good discription of this 7 1/4" tall bottle...were there other retail soda bottles this size?

grizz44

Reaction score
Great show and after all these years it was my first. My first impression was what the heck is the matter with these people, I don't even let my best friends pick up my bottles. Lots of great glass to look at though. I didn't get to meet any abn members that I know of. The couple dealers I asked said they don't do computers. Maybe next time but I can guarantee that I slobbered on your glass.

Chuck

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26