200Ct. Gem rose Quartz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is a shot of the stone that came out of the digg'ns! I should yield a 100 Ct finished gem.... I think I will have it cut in the sahpe of a heart! Happpppppy digg'n! Taz[:)]

Mk25851.jpg

Attachments

• Mk25851.jpg
    Mk25851.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 92

IRISH

Reaction score
Ahh.... that is nice [:D],
Don't see a lot of big facetable Rose Quartz, the only bits I've seen bigger that that where from Brazil where they can find blocks of it up to several tons but with only a few kilograms of gemstone in the lot.
Great find.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks! I have been mineral and gem collecting for 17 years now and must say it is just about the darkest rose quartz I have seen! My quess is that 150 years ago (90% 0f the bottles at this site have been pontiled) some farmer or child found it at the old mine down on the back 40 acres brought it home and it was lost from there. The mine is called scribner ledge and was known for it's rose quartz and aquamarines. Taz

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
It's backkkkkk! [8D] Just got back from my gem cutter/jeweler Bob Prouty in Fryeburg, Me. What a fine job he did! The stone finished out at approx 50 cts. and it is flawless! Bob said market value for this Me. stone was $1200.00- $1500.00 Yikes... I think I will check that old cellar hole out again this spring, you never know what the frost will bring up! Happy digg'n!! Taz

Hf99713.jpg

Attachments

• Hf99713.jpg
    Hf99713.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 88

glopf43

Reaction score
WOW! Taz, that is something special. You're right the gem cutter did a fantastic job. Are you going to have it mounted? ps> I like the coins too...

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks Gary! Yes I would like to have it mounted in a brooch surrounded with some Maine teal tourmalines I dug last fall. I can hardly wait till this 3' snow pack melts!!![&:] Taz

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
That's gotta be one of the coolest things I've ever seen Taz! How awesome is that! Thanks for sharing!
BOB

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks Bob yup that one is a keeper! For years I walked bye those old cellar holes that were close to the mines I frequented looking for minerals, now I dig them! It is amazing the things I find in the old house dumps, this "stone" being the best! I have also found aquamarine crystals, tourmaline specimens and large books of mica, it brings the past back to life just like it was yesterday...Folks back then were much like us today with a appreciation of the things of nature and the need for "cures" in there lives... Taz

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Taz,
Nice heart shape rose quartz. I like heart shape stones as well. Here's one I had cut from a piece of amethyst I dug up in the hills near you. It weighs 55 carats. Aint just cellar holes and bottles to dig for in them Oxford County hills. Keep on diggin.
Cliff

Ge94781.jpg

Attachments

• Ge94781.jpg
    Ge94781.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members