25 years and Beginners Luck.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments. I couldnt help feeling that POP was right there over my shoulder. He had a fondness for antiques and I still have a couple pieces from his estate. While digging it I really didnt have time to think about it. Now days later the emotion of it has kind of settled in. I rarely get worked up about digging stuff....(cept the time I kissed a historical flask I had just pulled from the ground....but that is another story). But although it wasnt the haul I was hopping for the bottles we did dig mean so much more. I just cant believe I walked over this pit a million times.....I think Rick is right....it just was meant to be.

phil44

Reaction score
I've actually got some mugs like that, nice......

beendiggin

Reaction score
Incredble blue ink! What a sweet color. Congrats on a great dig.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
WAY TO GO JOHNNY CHEESE,SO GLAD AFTER ALL THAT HAPPENED YOU GOT SOMETHING FROM THE PIT.AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME WHOLE ITEMS IN THERE,THAT BLUE STAR IS YOUR PRESENT FROM YOUR GRANDFATHER AND WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU REMEMBER HIM WHENEVER YOU SEE IT .THATS COOL MAN.GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF THE YARD I'LL BE PULLIN FOR YOU GUYS. BADGER

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

Thanks for all the nice comments. I couldnt help feeling that POP was right there over my shoulder. He had a fondness for antiques and I still have a couple pieces from his estate. While digging it I really didnt have time to think about it. Now days later the emotion of it has kind of settled in. I rarely get worked up about digging stuff....(cept the time I kissed a historical flask I had just pulled from the ground....but that is another story). But although it wasnt the haul I was hopping for the bottles we did dig mean so much more. I just cant believe I walked over this pit a million times.....I think Rick is right....it just was meant to be.

I believe its all meant to be... Someone else could of dug there and put a shovel right through that ink, instead it was waiting for you...

mf150

Reaction score
Well said. I agree. That's an amazing story.

ORIGINAL: THE BADGER

WAY TO GO JOHNNY CHEESE,SO GLAD AFTER ALL THAT HAPPENED YOU GOT SOMETHING FROM THE PIT.AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME WHOLE ITEMS IN THERE,THAT BLUE STAR IS YOUR PRESENT FROM YOUR GRANDFATHER AND WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU REMEMBER HIM WHENEVER YOU SEE IT .THATS COOL MAN.GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF THE YARD I'LL BE PULLIN FOR YOU GUYS. BADGER

Jim

Reaction score
What a great digging story, John! I'm glad that star was in there for you. ~Jim

tftfan

Reaction score
Good Stuff... Thanks for the pics !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member