28 oz. Coke?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jsrenfro711

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Coca-Cola ever made a 28 oz. bottle? I have a bottle crate which has placeholders that are just a little too small for the 32 oz. bottles. Thanks for any information.

digdug

Reaction score
Coca-Cola did make a 26 ounce size bottle (Marked 1 Pint 10 ounce) It was made from 1955 until 1980's. It was first called the 'Family Size' bottle in advertising. I have a wooden Coke crate that is marked with the 'Family Size'. But, they dropped the name in later years, so some crates won't say this on it. Your crate probably is for the 26-ounce bottle. You can still find this size bottle around at antique stores, flea markets, etc. You don't see a lot, because the 32 ounce began to replace the 26 ounce. So-the 26 ounce were destroyed when a bottler changed over to the new size. Just like the 32 ounce were destroyed when the bottler changed over to a 1 Liter size.

digdug

Reaction score
I forgot to ask you what color is your crate? Could you post a photo? I've started collecting Coke crates that are marked in some way for the size bottle they hold. I have some hard to find wooden crates for the 2 Liter, 1 Liter, the 36 ounce bottle (which was only sold in South Carolina), 64 ounce, etc.

jsrenfro711

Reaction score
The crate is red with white lettering. I may be able to post a photo soon, but I don't have a camera to do it with, yet. One thing that I didn't mention before is that the crate is made to hold 6 bottles.

digdug

Reaction score
The crate I have is Red/White and is marked with 'FAMILY SIZE' on both sides. It holds 12 bottles.

jsrenfro711

Reaction score
I saw another one on the 'net the other day that had 12 spaces. It also says Family Size, but it is yellow w/red lettering. I think it's on E-bay. I apologize for the late reply. Also, I still can't post a picture of mine.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide