3 amber bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, this is 3 new amber whiskey/beer bottles, 1 is a johanna ? have a before and after pic. question, the one bottles has a lot of spider web type lines, is this from when it was made or from being in the ground? thanks for looking, rhona

5C85EBF1686C48CD82C563247A319035.jpg

Attachments

• 5C85EBF1686C48CD82C563247A319035.jpg
    5C85EBF1686C48CD82C563247A319035.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 59

madpaddla

Reaction score
Rhona ....
Those look d lish ous......which one is spider webbed.....The one on the end looks like a malt bottle....are you talking about the first one? But it must be said ....you clean em very well. Woowie, nice job chica.

madpaddla

Reaction score
The first one ...has me thrown...the lip is different ...the second is the Johann ....but the last one looks like the malt bottles from here in New England. Nice set of blown bottles. And the cleaning ...ouch ....they look so good. Keep them pics of the before and after coming ! ! !

glass man

Reaction score
RHONA, CAN'T SEE THE SPIDER WEB.CAN'T REMEMBER FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHAT THE HOFF BOTTLE WAS.SURELY SOME KINDA SPIRITS AS ALL ARE YES THE ONE ON THE RIGHT DOES LOOK LIKE A MALT BOTTLE. HOW DID YOU GET THE MALT LOOKING BOTTLE SO SHINNY,AS THE BEFORE LOOK IS LIKE IT IS "SICK" GLASS,WHICH DON'T JUST CLEAN OFF,ANYWAY GREAT JOB! JOHANN HOFF BY THE WAY WAS A MALT EXTRACT THAT WAS SORTA A MEDICINE.

tigue710

Reaction score
Rhona, you do an excellent job cleaning those bottles. I was just looking at some of Ben's bottles you cleaned, beautiful work. I also do not see any webbing, but often when the bottles are very sick they do get that webbing kinda look in the surface of the glass, or bubble look on the surface. They are all Malt bottles, the one on the left is an 1890's malt, the Johann hoff's were made from the 1880's - 1910 and the last one is a typical t.o.c. malt bottle. Malt extract was a very popular product in this country!

Wilkie

Reaction score
The Johann Hoff is a beer. It's pretty common and only worth a few dollars. Jim Megura has it listed in his book, "Official Price Guide to Bottles, 13th edition"
It's considered to be "black glass".

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi jamie, matt and wilkie, thanks for looking and the information. jamie, i have been tumbling bottles for about 4 yrs. now. i might try a little hand sanding and put it back in the tumbler. that is a neat ad. maybe i need to drink some of that stuff before i go digging next time[:D]. thanks rhona

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday