7-up,mountain dew,sussex-acl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
Not the greatest shape,but growing fonder of the acl's all the time.
Thanks

Tr51424.jpg

Attachments

• Tr51424.jpg
    Tr51424.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 96

dshaneb

Reaction score
Those are some nice Mountain Dews. I am finding that Canada usually has the rarer red and white hillbilly on the neck with the script. Most Mountain Dew bottles have a plain, white hillbilly on the neck with no script. All three of your older hillbilly ones also have the variations of two names in the label, which is also a collecting point.

All the others are nice as well. It is hard to find those 7UPs with decent labels. I find they tend to not hold up as well as other ACLs. Usually they lose all the red.

Sussex, I hadn't heard of -- it must be local to your area. The embossed Mountain Dew and 7UP are a bit newer, but are also collectable.

I collect the Mountain Dews, so if you ever decide to sell, let me know. [;)]

Shane

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
RE: 7-up,mountain dew,sussex-acl reply to dshaneb

The sussex are local as you said.If I ever part with the DEW'S you get first crack. Thanks

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
RE: 7-up,mountain dew,sussex-acl reply to flasherr

Thats Gurgles the clown. thanks for sharing.

Whispering

Reaction score
I found a Sussex bottle in the woods in New Brunswick today. I don't collect bottles but I pick some up sometimes. There's loads of stuff dumped back there, mostly liquor bottles. Also found dozens of Sussex bottle caps. Ginger ale, root beer, lime rickey, etc. No clue if my picture uploaded or not, but if it did, does anybody know approximately how the old thing is?

The front says "Drink... Sussex Beverages" and the back says "This bottle is property of Seven-Up Sussex Limited." White letters.

I came across this site when I was trying to find information about Sussex.

DF9BF6DE305F44AD898423636A699E0F.jpg

Attachments

• DF9BF6DE305F44AD898423636A699E0F.jpg
    DF9BF6DE305F44AD898423636A699E0F.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 85

Andrewt

Reaction score
I found one also, I'll post a pic later. I was wondering how rare they are and approximate value( I could not find it on GONO). OP post a pic of the bottom of the bottle one of a members will be able to date code it.

RCO

Reaction score
i'm not from new brunswick but i have seen a number of sussex bottles online before , i've seen some for sale online as well . i don't think that the more common bottles would go for alot . that being said they were a large company so they could have some older bottles that are less common .
i would say the bottle in the picture is from 50's - 60's , i couldn't see it being any older .

nhpharm

Reaction score
Sussex Beverages is still around...they have some great ginger ale. I always try to bring some back when I visit my parents up in NB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday