7up bottle with a pepsi cap

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Easton

Reaction score
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5002/7upbottle.jpg

This was a bottle my grandma gave me tonight that my grandpa had collected years ago when he owned a drink machine. I decided to post this one here because I was curious if this was a common occurrence or if this is something rare for the cap to be different then the bottle.

Thanks for looking [:)]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
The only problem with these is that there are far too many unscrupulous or even honest people who recap bottles with new contents inside, and all the prominence in the world can't wipe out the distrust one of these bottles bring with it. Then there is the fact that error bottles are a very niche market much as coin errors are, actually in the bottle collecting world it isn't a plus to have a less than perfect bottle, even if it is a more trustworthy error like a misaligned acl, which can only occur in the process of making the bottle itself. It is a rare thing to find a bottle sealed with it's original contents and to be able to have peace of mind that the seal is original. It is just far too easy for someone to have slapped a Pepsi cap on that bottle with a capper and sold it.

Easton

Reaction score
I completely understand what you're saying and would just like to thank you for the reply [:D]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
And it is 7-Up, shouldn't the contents be clear? Looks more like a 7-Up bottle got mixed in the Pepsi line instead of the Pepsi cap in the 7-Up line. Still, as stated, too many crooked people out there.

Easton

Reaction score
Yeah, all I know about it is that about 30 or so years ago my grandpa owned a drink machine and found those and saved them. I always thought it was interesting.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Actually I didn't think about the color of the liquid inside, Poison is right, it looks like the 7-up got onto the wrong line. I would actually say this was an original mistake due to that, because most unscrupulous individuals would be sure to not spark any questions by having the wrong liquid in it as well.

Wangan

Reaction score
I used to have a pull tab Coke without the pull tab.The top was as plain as the bottom.I got it from a vending machine at school and even kept it in the fridge for years.I guess someone else thought it was "cool" too,because it disappeared.[:mad:]

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Maybe Laverne and Shirley worked at the bottling plant back then and pulled a fast one..musta ran out of gloves.[:D]
If it did come out of a machine, then I think a bottler worker thought he would be cute to sneak in a different bottle than the line was using.

Easton

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and yeah I thought it was a really neat find, its unique to me as I didn't even know my grandpa worked with drink machines until I got this, I've always been a fan of old bottles and this one made my collection for me [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal