$80 Hobble Skirt!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I've seen a couple Florida hobbleskirts go that high, though rarely. My son found a nice 1915 Ocala BIM ROOT hobbleskirt that I've been trying to talk him out of. He was 10 when he found it last year. I don't think it would go that high, though.

ROBDABOLINA

Reaction score
I have a 1915 ABM hobble skirt that's got a date code of 1917. its also aqua. I don't think it'll go as high as $80 though...

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I got my son's bottle out to look for a date code and, as it turns out, I was mistaken. It is not a ROOT bottle. No manufacturers' mark of any kind, and no date code. So I took a look at my daughter's ABM 1915 Coke from Palatka, FLA. It also has no maker's mark or date code. Now I was curious, so I took down my ABM 1915 Coke from Green Cove Springs, FLA and it is a ROOT bottle with a date code of 1927. I think this had to be one of the last 1915 Cokes, since I'm under the impression they started using the 1923 bottles in 1928.

jays emporium

Reaction score
60 bids got that bottle up to $180. That is not out of line for a rare hobbleskirt. I have sold several rare ones in that price range.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The sellers Neg is very funny, I'm surprised they didn't challenge it. Maybe ebay is a bit slow. "It's fake not look like mint , have many dust and very old." Fake and has very old dust? [:D][:D]

sandchip

Reaction score
I've got a tooled top 1915 from Columbia, SC that I picked up at the Rome, Ga. show many years ago for ten bucks. It's a nice blue aqua, never cleaned and looks like it was made yesterday. Always been one of my favorite bottles. Hard to believe one could be in that kind of condition, when the majority of the hobbleskirts were refilled so many times. I guess this one was pitched soon after it was made. A friend of mine had a Macon, Ga. 1923 that also was a tooled top, (and mint). He was sort of a rambler and has been dead for years now, but I often wonder what became of that bottle. When I knew him back in the early 80s, he and his gal were known to party on the heavy side, at which time they might get into it. On one such occasion, he told me that she grabbed a broom, and with the handle, raked the mantle where some of his good bottles stood. Who needs an earthquake with a gal like that?

grime5

Reaction score
ive got that bottle and know i didnt pay near that much. but i did pay 150.00 for my london ky 1915.must have been several helena people looking for that bottle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn