Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

A bunch of new (to me) jars

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
Ended up meeting someone who had a bunch of bottles and jars and I brought home 17 different jars. My problem, as I've stated before, is I don't really know what anything is with Jars so I just buy things I think are cool and that have a price I can live with. I think I'm going to need to purchase a Red book and try figuring it all out. However, I've heard horror stories about trying to figure it out so who knows.

I tried to take a picture of the jar, then the bottom and then the lip - in that order so hopefully they can be followed

Anyway, here are some pictures for anyone like myself who enjoys looking at pics. I can get better pics of any of these if someone wants. I'll try to list what they are.

1. 3 L Ball Mason Jar
2. Another 3 L Ball Mason Jar
3. Masons Patent Nove 30th 1858 (5 on bottom). This jar is crooked when it stands up - definitely not a good job making it.

Attachments

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
4. Masons Jar
5. The Gem
6. Masons Patent Nov 30th 1858 - smaller size jar
7. Smalley square quart

Attachments

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
8. Trade Marks Mason Improved (D79 on bottom)
9. Whitney mason 2 dots over 5 dots
10. Whitney Mason - no dots but does have a 3 on near the base
11. 3 L Ball Mason - large size

Attachments

shotdwn

Jan 13, 2018
Macomb, IL
Nice jars. If you liked them and paid a price you could live with that's what collecting is about. Enjoy the additions to your collection.

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
Nice jars. If you liked them and paid a price you could live with that's what collecting is about. Enjoy the additions to your collection.
thanks. That’s pretty much what I do. I try to worry less about worth and more about value to me. Granted, I’m not dealing with high dollar bottles where that would be a big difference.

yacorie

Dec 10, 2018
CT
You have the start of a nice bottle hoard (collection ;))!!!
thanks. Now I’m going to have to buy a red book and try to put numbers to the jars so at least I can put the numbers on a slip of paper inside them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runnerman03