A cold knock yields goodies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Yeah the best two of three were the flask and pickle. Each is authentic and real. The schultz is a common bottle as stated. For price it would go Pickle 100+, flask $70 - 90 area, and Schultz $20. Nice finds. Too bad you couldnt dig the privy......might be work asking.

tftfan

Reaction score
or...get up in the attic ! NICE,,,,bottles.

GACDIG

Reaction score
You got to be thankful anytime you can just walk up and be handed three nice bottles like that. Good Finds..[;)]

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
Next time I will pick the pickle.

E5588CAA568540558E8A29E430ADADEA.jpg

Attachments

• E5588CAA568540558E8A29E430ADADEA.jpg
    E5588CAA568540558E8A29E430ADADEA.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 83

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The last time I tried that I was 11 and, well, a cute kid if I do say so myself. I was looking at a Drakes in a window and did the "cold knock". I had $5 which in 11 year old dollars in 1971 was big money.
No luck at all, some neighbor! [:D][:D][:D]

appliedlips

Reaction score
Congrats on some nice bottle, its a good example " it never hurts to ask". I was handed a few nice bottles lately while asking to dig privies

lexdigger

Reaction score
I have a guy who gives me permissions to dig on construction lots. His bobcat guy told me that he would save any bottles he found and toss them off to the side for me. One day after work, I drove by to see what was going on and there laid my usual pile of bottles. Being covered in dirt, I didn't pay much attention to them as I boxed then up. As far as I was concerned, they were all common keepers. Later that night I decided to rinse them off for storing and as I began to was what I thought was a common whiskey cylinder... the embossing began to appear!!! Hunter & Bissicks Lex Ky in Amber! Only one I've ever seem and I got 800 bucks for it. :p

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

I have a guy who gives me permissions to dig on construction lots. His bobcat guy told me that he would save any bottles he found and toss them off to the side for me. One day after work, I drove by to see what was going on and there laid my usual pile of bottles. Being covered in dirt, I didn't pay much attention to them as I boxed then up. As far as I was concerned, they were all common keepers. Later that night I decided to rinse them off for storing and as I began to was what I thought was a common whiskey cylinder... the embossing began to appear!!! Hunter & Bissicks Lex Ky in Amber! Only one I've ever seem and I got 800 bucks for it. :p

What's up Lex__ I hope you bought the bobcat man lunch [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause