A common location for old bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gramr

Reaction score
Once years ago l was on a job site that had me in a coast guard facility. We had to dig up and sample soil before building. Turned out due to shore line moving out due to expanding a site years ago they had taken what was a warf and filled it in to get a bigger yard. JACKPOT! Bottles had beached under the dock then been buried l found about 60-80 19th century bottle's.
My point is,find a old dock and crawl back as far as you can bring a light and a buddy to stay out as a safety watch.
The bottle's? Gone,had a roommate discovered you could get a buck or two each. Not getting into other things missing.

RCO

Reaction score
I've found bottles near old docks here but I usually found find them when swimming as there in the water . we don't have a tide here as there fresh water lakes

Gramr

Reaction score
I've found bottles near old docks here but I usually found find them when swimming as there in the water . we don't have a tide here as there fresh water lakes
Tide does hide them back in. But l think it's a matter of finding a old ferry ramp in fresh. I really lucked out as they were buried and had a excavator in moving soil down 10+ feet contaminated with oil they were everywhere. I've had luck around old docks. Found a whistle bottle with a coke shape that would make you blush diving up in Queen Charlotte's. Old canneries are good. One l know of has a board walk and about arm's thro from it in the bush are 6oz coke bottles of a few types mainly stubby beer bottle shape thin glass and the iconic thick waisted shape. Remote tho Butedale on princess royal island. Closed late 50's had a caretaker a while full machine shop hydro plant. Was told old guy say 'just clean up after you fix it' saved a few guys. Around the 70's no caretakers anymore. My boss been on coast since 46' ex navy. Neat place. I got bottles and we grabbed a boiler that had fallen through the dock as a barge anchor. That was 88.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide