A couple of "finds"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Picked these two bottles up Saturday (among others) up in SW VA.

This 1st one isn't so scarce nor unheard of...

Bz79206.jpg

whiskeyman

Reaction score
This one though is a whole nuther ballgame. 1st one I have seen. When a guy told me about seeing it, I told him he was mistaken...it had to say Lynchburg,VA and not Bluefield,VA.
He assurred me it was an L.Lazarus / Leading Liquor Dealer and from Bluefield,VA....ya know - he was right.[8D]

Pn37797.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37797.jpg
    Pn37797.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 75

whiskeyman

Reaction score
close up...

Qo38909.jpg

Attachments

• Qo38909.jpg
    Qo38909.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 56

whiskeyman

Reaction score
ROADY...it does look neat, doesn't it? 1st one I've owned...in the past they were too expensive for one like me who liked mostly whiskeys and would rather put monies in that direction...
Quite a few were dug when they built the new stadium in Nashville...kind of lowered their value a bit.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi whiskeyman, nice finds. i'm partial to blue, but i like the shape of the 2nd one better. is it turning lt. amethyst? again very nice, rhona

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Great find Charlie !
Very unusual Whiskey and great Ottenville also .
I heard from James Hale quite a few years back , that they dug a lot of nice stuff at the World's Fair Site in Knoxville when it was being built. Did you get to dig any there ?
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Thanks RHONA...yes it is slightly amethyst.

BRIAN...No, I didn't dig the Fair site. Did go down several times and dug the Vineyards site with Rick Cogdill and Harold Carlton,,,,found a lotta good stuff. Even dug a Knoxville mini scratch jug in perfect shape....would have liked to have kept it,but Rick wouldn't hear of me leaving for home with it. He & I ended up doing some trading .

Also dug on Woodland Ave. with Rick, and down near the new Coke plant with Mike Barbera. Didn't do so well on those digs.
One trip,we dug 40 Greenes' sarsaparillas out of a cistern....that was a messy but fun chore. It was full of water , ash, and trash - we had to work for our bottles that time. I found a stencilled mini Knoxville jug there, missing the handle - Mike got it ,as it was his site and I was there at his invite.

Been a few years since I have been back down there.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn