A Fella i Never Met

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Ok so heres something creepy that just went down..I was on Google searching some info up on my dad .who has never been and isnt part of my life..Honestly he dosen't even know i have a daughter..apparently my grandfather(his father) died in may..it instantly made me sad .even though ive never known this man.In the obituary it listed his mothers name and His fathers name
the same as his George Swift

So i decided to look up his mom(my great grandma Thelma M Nickerson Swift and see how far back i could track via the net..Apparently im finding out all this stuff about my family history on her birthday....

hows that for creepy 1 in 365 odds right[:D]

In the obituary it listed his mothers name .Fathers name and the name of his highschool and year of graduation
i found this pic
mygrandfather.jpg

guess i know where i get my nose from now ..lol

still looking back .but the swifts go farback in the plymouth area.Wish me luck = ) figured id share

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Thanks rocky.I just think since i kinda got left int he dark about that whole side of my family.that maybe i should fill in the blanks for my daughter.kinda wish i coulda gone to his services.or maybe sent some flowers.Water off a ducks pontil .life goes on = )

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah, your daughter might be interested too in the future. I always wanted to find out more about my father's side as I know little about it as well. I always wanted to get in touch with a geneaologist who could help me. Guess I'll add that to the list! Sorry about your grandfather. You guys do look alike.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Thanks Laur. i think i might go visit him and bring him some flowers later.try and see if hes buried next to his parents and if there buried near Theirs .the name Swift goes back to the mayflower in plymouth.all my fathers family has always and still lives there.Hard to track

capsoda

Reaction score
You gonna look any of them up???

Both sides of my family can be traced back to before they came here. Lets see, there is James Caan on my moms side along with a host of soldiers, madame's, bar and shop owners and my GG grand dad John Caan. There are also some Scotsmen and Indians in there with the. John Caans wife was a Cherokee woman.

On my dads side there are Bootleggers, politicians fairly high ranking officers and soldiers from every war we have had, Indians, Irishmen, Scotsmen, blacks, gunfighters, cattle ranchers, and the guy who owned the Peacock gin bottling out fit in Hawaii and W Peacock Bottling in Ohio. There was also a Peacock who rode with the Dalton brothers who came to Pensacola and got himself hung for shooting the Sheriff.

I have been lucky enough to meet hundreds of Peacock Family members in my life so far but My moms side is dying out fairly rapidly.

Meet as many of your family, good or bad, as you can. They will be gone soon enough and you will have missed the chance.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Justdigit and the rest of you; My wife has successfully tracked my family back to their trip to Connecticut from Europe. It isn't too hard to accomplish and our grand children and nieces and nephews have all loved her print-out of their family tree. RED Matthews

ktbi

Reaction score
I have been working on the same thing for a long time. I have my mother's side traced back to a village in Scotland in the early 1600's and I found about about 2 months ago that I can trace my father's side directly to the Mayflower. I'm sharing everything I get with my brothers, sisters and of course my own kids. I want to hang on to the history....Ron

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Yeah Cappy i Plan on trying to Fill In All The Blanks Soon.Cant be more right on getting it all while i can. Interesting how many variations of you can exist

You forgetting my Name Clarence?
s2.gif
Glad they have that to pass down to their Kids

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
There was a book written about my family when my dad was a kid. They tracked them back to the Mayflower which I found very cool. Can't get much more American then that. I also have a great, great, great, (I think it's 3 greats) grandmother on my mom's side that came to CA in1850 from Chili. Not as glamorous though cuz she worked at a brothel as a whore. Who knows who my great, great, great, grandfather REALLY was[;)].

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause