A few bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BCFox40

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new around here and I just wanted to post a few pictures of bottles I've picked up. Some of them do have seams that pass through the lip, and others don't, but I figured it would be better to put everything in one post instead of making individual threads (some forums I've been at before don't like you making too many different threads) Let me know if theres a different way to do things here :)

Anyway, I'm not really experienced with bottles or anything, I've just picked up a few at flea markets over the last few years. Sorry about some of the picture qualities, I found it difficult to not have the pictures blur with the digital camera.

If anyone could tell me anything about these, that would be great! :) And, if you would like any more information about them like shape and size, I can provide that, too.

bottles001.jpg

bottles002.jpg

bottles003.jpg

bottles004.jpg

bottles005.jpg

bottles006.jpg

bottles007.jpg

bottles008.jpg

towhead

Reaction score
Dr Miles Medical Co-Blue- 8 1/4" $5.00-$7.00 Found in: Bottle Pricing Guide by Hugh Cleveland. 2004

towhead

Reaction score
....and the same book has a Tonsiline bottle-Green- 6 3/4" for $4.00-$7.00. (doesnt say anything about a giraffe though....) Hope this helps.

grimdigger1

Reaction score
Woodwards nottingham blue.. These bottles contained gripe water for children..
dates circa 1900 - 1910 value $5.00 - $10.00
the royal spyce bottle looks like a modern bottle ,,

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The amber whiskey cylinder probably has no seam bacause it was made in a paste mold and the bottle was turned to give it a smooth finish. Thats why you see the horz rings.
The Nottingham bottle is Brittish of course, seems like they ship cargo containers of those things over here. American collectors arent really into them too much. People buy for decorations. I'd prefer more Roman and 18th century black glass if possible.
Gunther Hess

grimdigger1

Reaction score
Gripe water has been used by mothers for over a century to relieve babies from the discomforts of colic, stomach cramps, hiccups, gas and teething.

snake oil

Reaction score
BCFox , a guy I was working with found a Tonsoline bottle at a job we were working on , about 10 years ago . I offered him 5 bucks for it , but he wouldn't part with it , most guys give me bottles they find (mostly junk) and think I'm a little goofy for taking old bottles home [;)] . I like the bottle because of the giraffe , it looks pretty cool . Judgeing from the giraffe and the word Tonsoline , I would guess it was some sort of sore throat remedy . The Bromo Seltzer bottle is very common , I have one , and I would bet everyone else has one too [:D] . The Kiehl and Keefer looks like it could be a beer bottle from the early 1900's .

madman

Reaction score
hey those tonsilene bottles are cool, but ive only found a few, i dont no how common, heres a different giraffe the alien mike

Gd93721.jpg

snake oil

Reaction score
That giraffe certainly does look different Madman , it looks like a cross between an ostrich and a giraffe [:D] . I wonder if it could be a rare variant ?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter