a few new soda's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
It probably does have a city on it Rhona, if I can find it I will take a look see for you . I have roughly thirty five plastic milk crates and various boxes full of crown top sodas , and that bottle is in one of them !

LC

Reaction score
I did Warren , got rid of everyhting but my bottles ,,,, well ,,, I did keep my collection of 125 metal lunchboxes . Oh , and yes , I kept my train collection as well . Good thing I did , lost my backside on everything that was sold . Apparantly , this is not a good time to try and sell anything , wish I had given it more thought , would have most likely forgot about having an auction at all. The buyers sure had fun though . The dag gone varmints . One good thing did come out of it though , I am able to see my garage floor for the first time in about twenty years or so ......................

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! IF I COULD AFFORD IT I WOULD LOVE TO COLLECT TRAINS ! I LOVE THEM!

LC

Reaction score
I only have sixteen or so of them Jamie , not a large collection at all , do have quite a few cars to go with them as well . I have always wanted to build a display case to put them in , may go out in the shop and make one for them this fall .

capsoda

Reaction score
I have always loved trains too. I can remember when the F9s were new. I had a complete WW2 German armored train that I build myself but I sold it along time ago. Man that thing was great lookin.

LC

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a few of them Warren, as you can see , they need a good cleaning ! They have been in boxes for a good long time . I find it amazing how heavy some of these cast engines are . I remember running out to watch the real ones go down the tracks when I was a young lad . I also had the privilege of playing in them when on the side tracks near my home . I also remember running out and seeing my first Deisel come thundering down the tracks , never ran out to see another train go by again , seemed something of great importance had been lost .

DC0C7E22EC82409283707B070CF119DE.jpg

Attachments

• DC0C7E22EC82409283707B070CF119DE.jpg
    DC0C7E22EC82409283707B070CF119DE.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 65

capsoda

Reaction score
WOW, you have some very nice oldies there Louis. Maybe you should have opened an antique shop instead of having an auction. Seems like you had enough stuff.

LC

Reaction score
Always wanted to do that here at the house Warren , but I live on a road well off the beaten trail so to speak , where only local traffic runs . If it had not been for that , I would have . I do wish I would have spent a few hundred and advertised in the papers for a twenty five year collection of memorabilia being sold in a large yard sale, and just threw it all out in the yard and see what would happen . Now that I think about it , I am sure I would have done much better than the nightmare that developed here at this auction . I could have least been able to control the prices .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday