A Few Nice Local Milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Another nice one. Some reproduction milks don't have the lip for a cap but if you dug that then its the real deal and an early closure. The purple ones usualy are pretty early for milks. Sometimes there is no two digit number but sometimes it is very faint and hard to see, and sometimes in the middle of the valve? mark on the bottom on either side of a capital letter. There are a lot of New York milks, there might be a book or at a bottle show a milk dealer would probably know about your bottle. With the small size, color, closure, and embossing it could be worth some good bucks but it would be a good one anyway due to the above and that you found it on your place. Love old houses, you may have a privy or two to find bottles in but if you're out in the country they are hard to find and usualy don't contain much as they had other places to dump in like that rock wall dump you found. I'd get or borrow a metal detector and check out your yard at any rate - you might also locate a trash pit with it.

lynna

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, and you are right. The most exciting part is that I dug them out of my own yard! Great window into lives of the people that lived here before. The sad part is that for every intact bottle I find, there are many more broken ones. Lots of broken kerosene lanterns. Must have had a party the day they got electricity!

madman

Reaction score
those r some sweet finds! congrats mike

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baumbers