A few Ontario bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I have no idea whats its worth either , as I haven't seen any for sale previously . I've been to Ottawa before and there isn't really any good antique stores for bottles in the city itself , there is an antique mall close to the downtown but it didn't really have any bottles when I was there a couple years ago
although in the smaller towns outside the city is a few that have bottles , is also a bottle show in Ottawa once a year and not sure how often this bottle would come up for sale

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh that Arctic Pop is a good one! I've only ever seen one before, and it was too much for me to buy it. Or maybe it was in bad condition... I'm honestly not sure how much it's worth because I don't like spending very much on bottles. Art deco bottles from Ottawa are very hard to find, there aren't very many of them. I can only think of two off the top of my head. Although Kealey's may have been in operation for a long time I think they only bottled Arctic Pop for a short time in the 30's. Never seen anything else of theirs so I don't know what they were up to for the rest of the time.
I've been to that Ottawa bottle show every year for a few years now and it doesn't come up for sale often. That's really the only place to get good Ottawa bottles in Ottawa these days. There used to be a good antique store out in Stittsville but it shut down.

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen a Kealey's aqua soda water bottle before , would of been older than the artic pop , I had tried to buy it from a local seller but he wanted way too much for it , considering he has 100's of bottles he is trying to sell I felt he could of given me a better price

the book lists kealey's is operating into the 40's and 50's but I haven't seen any bottles from that time period

there is some antique stores outside of Ottawa that have bottles , there isn't really any in Pembroke anymore there used to be one downtown , there is one in eganville hidden on a side street , got one nice bottle there 2 years go but I don't think he gets a lot of new bottles in

there is also an antique store in Arnprior but it didn't really have many bottles when I was there 2 years ago
the town on Almonte is also full of antique stores , think there is 3 or 4 there , the bigger one has some bottles or at least it did a couple years ago

but of all the antique stores I have been to in Ontario which would be a lot I have never seen the artic pop for sale before in person

iggyworf

Reaction score
"the book lists kealey's is operating into the 40's and 50's but I haven't seen any bottles from that time period"

I am curious to the book you guys keep referring too. Possibly show a pic of the front cover?

mctaggart67

Reaction score
This is the cover from the first printing . . . the_ontario_pop_bottlers_list_1931-1965.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I assume that book is out of print, correct? I'd like to pick one up but I expect it's pretty expensive.

I've never seen an older Kealey's bottle but it doesn't surprise me that it exists, there are lots of early 20th century embossed Ottawa sodas that I don't know about.

That Almonte store is very good for bottles, not necessarily for Ottawa bottles but it's got lots of stuff from smaller Eastern Ontario towns. The only store in Ottawa that still has any decent bottles is a little store in Brittania Beach. I got a nice early labeled Brockville druggist bottle a little while ago from there.

nostalgia

Reaction score
Do you have the name of the store in Brittania Beach? I go through that area once or twice a year and it would be a great place to stop!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah it's called Antique Hoarders and it's located at Howe and Britannia. Been meaning to stop by there again one of these days. It's not a fantastic antique store by any means but it's the best in Ottawa for smaller stuff like bottles, as far as I know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen