A heaven garage sale (well at least for me)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Before I get to the good stuff, just thought I'd show two new, but interesting bottles I found yesterday. An ink bottle (I think) and the smallest bottle I think I've ever seen that is glass. Yes- that is a dime. Hard to believe.

001-5.jpg

Ok, I went to a garge sale and found these. I got a sweet 4 for $5 deal. First, a Bubble Up manufactured in Chicago- just had to have it because it's Chicago even though it's extremely common. dated 1975 on the bottom.

002-4.jpg

Remember the Wacker and Birk Brewing bottle I got? Well this is a Birk Bros Brewing bottle with the same Birk guy and his brother. The company ended in 1909. It looks like there once was a label, but at least there's embossing.

003-3.jpg

wierd bottom symbol
008.jpg

I also got an Independent Brewing Association "Prima" bottle. It says "Prima" in fancy letters and then "Registered Property of/Independent Brg. Assn./Chicago" and then on the bottom there is "A B Co" (1905-1929) A better estimated age would be nice and if anyone knows the value would be better. There are just 2 small chips. Thanks.

004-1.jpg

closeup of embossing
005-1.jpg

Lastly, I got a "The Ruel" beer bottle that is full of imperfections. On the back side of the neck, there are ripples of glass like on a windy day on a pond. The seams also don't completely matched up. There's a seam that goes through the lip but misses the body seam like the E-Z Stove Polish I have. On the bottom, there's ripples like you dropped a drop of water into a cup. Anyways, the embossing is " The (inside 'R') Ruehl Brewing Company (Fancy)/ a symbol with a "R" in it/ TRADE MARK/ Chicago, ILL" and on the back heel there is "Contents 12 Fl. OZ." Any guess on age or value would be greatly appreciated. There is heavy etching all over the bottle but its in decent shape anyways for what I bought it for.

006-1.jpg

closeup of embossing
007.jpg

Thanks for any posts or information ragrding this bottle.[:D]

splante

Reaction score
nice haul for $5.00...how did you get all pictures in one post

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
First of all, Thanks. Now to your question. (This will be long) First, you will need to create a Photobucket account and upload your pictures to Photobucket from your camera. Edit them to your liking. When you post or reply to a post, you should have a box above the text section that is either a square with 2 mountains and a sun all the way to the right or a box that says "image" depending on your internet connection. If it's the square with 2 mountains, your in luck because it will be a lot easier and you can change the size of your picture.

FOR THE MOUNTAINS-1. Copy and paste the "IMG Code" from Photobucket. 2. Hit the mountain button. 3. A yellow bar saying something about scripted windows should pop up at the top of your screen. Click it and hit Temporarily allow scripted windows. 4. Now reclick the mountains and another small window should pop up. Paste the IMG code into it but delete the s that are around the code and hit Okay.5- Pick another photo and repeat. Keep doing that until you have your pictures on. KEEP IN MIND- The scripted windows thing will only pop up the first time you post a picture for each time you post. If you make two seperate posts, it will come up on both of them only the first time. Hope that didn't confuse you.

FOR THE IMAGE BUTTON- 1. Copy and paste the "IMG Code" from Photobucket. 2 Hit the "image" button. [IMG] should pop up. 3.-
but again, delete the
. 4-Pick another photo and repeat untl all your photos are done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS