A little local History comes knocking on my door---------------->

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Rick nice job!!

It's always nice to give back to families.. I just recently bought a milk bottle collection and picked up some pa milks.. after getting them home I noticed the one bottle had a family name of Scheese.. A farmer who lives up the road from me that relocated from Pa.. years back... So I take the bottle over and knock on the door.. the guy gets all teary eyed and says it was his grandpops bottle and remebers riding along delivering milk in those exact bottles... these things are priceless..

Just this last sat I went to a local auction of a long standing ice cream manufacturer the family was there trying to buy up whatever they could the old poreclain signs from the store brought in the thousands.. the one grand daughter tried but did not win one.. after the auction I asked if they would like one as I had one I found in a truck body several years ago.. and paid just a few dollars for it.. needless to say they are coming to get it this weekend.. It's always nice to give back to families...

The kind of things the world today has forgotten about Love thy neighbor..it's all good karma!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers